Control boost with EMU & Blitz SBC

perreau

Member +
Guys, i have installed a Blitz SBC and i am going to attempt to control the boost using my EMU.

I have already modified JP20 to 1-2 and using the sub injector map to do this.

My problem is, on the sub inj map, i get only air flow, throttle position and absolute pressure. I am using the example: http://www.3si.org/forum/f103/emanage-gm-boost-solenoid-ebc-10-32-a-300311/

I see he is using "relative pressure (PSI)", how do i get this on my map as well?

please assist.

perreau

Member +
What's the difference between the two items below:

1) GReddy E-Manage 3.0bar Boost Pressure Sensor

2) GReddy E-Manage 3.0bar Map Sensor

Its confusing the traders i ask and myself. Can someone let me know if they are the same and which one i need to do my project with?

cheers.

perreau

Member +
Hi Guys,

I managed to buy the boost pressure sensor from TD. I have set up my sub inj map and the pressure sensor. I can read boost into my EMU now. But the solenoid doesn't seem to be working. I have one wire going to the EMU an done to a 12V supply. Does it matter which wire goes where on the Blitz SBC solenoid? It has a blue and a white wire.

How do i confirm that my solenoid is working / that my EMU is really sending the signal from that wire?

please advise.

cheers,

Perreau

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
been looking into this for a long time, but things over here are going veryyyyy slow. keep us updated mate. cant you hear it working? give it some duty cycle on low pressure so you can hear it working i guess. or, instead of connecting the solenoid, connect a multi meter, negative instead of the solenoid and positive (obviously) to positive, and see in the map when it should work, at that point you should see some voltage.

hope that helps,

Sheldon

perreau

Member +
I managed to get some logs. At full duty cycle, just as i set my sub inj map, i get "full boost". But i get max 13.5psi, im guessing i have a leak somewhere or my actuator is playing up. Its so old ;) I hit high boost but cannot seem to maintain it.

The pic attached shows my boost in red and the duty cycle in brown.

I will try the multimeter test when i have some more free time.

luc.jpg

Gryzor

Admin
doh
on the blitz dual solenoid there are 2 versions 1 with three wires and 1 with two the version with two just splits 1 wire across the 2 solenoids...

perreau

Member +
I think so.....i opened it up....its just merging into one wire to exit the box, so i guess ur right.

Gryzor

Admin
what kind of multi-meter readings did u see at the sub-injector ?
does the solenoid work ?
does it click when you apply 12v etc.

hardcoreep

Member +
EBC solenoids are specific, that's why an Blitz solenoid won't work with a Greddy EBC. What you need is a generic solenoid.

perreau

Member +
EBC solenoids are specific, that's why an Blitz solenoid won't work with a Greddy EBC. What you need is a generic solenoid.

I think thats the whole issue here, i didnt know that LOL.

what kind of multi-meter readings did u see at the sub-injector ?
does the solenoid work ?
does it click when you apply 12v etc.

I didn't hear any clicks, that what baffled me :( But in the EMU logging i did se emu duty cycles changing when the car was running on the sub-injector.