convert 4 doors GT to 2 doors...

Secret-A

Member +
Hello guys...
Are there someone here ever convert a 4 doors starlet to 2 doors?
Thanx in advance and rgds...
;)

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Hi,

What do you mean? do you want to put all the engine/bodykit into a 4 door or do you want to weld shut your back doors? etc?

Mark

Jay

Admin
Sounds like a non-starter to me, you would have to either move the B-pillars (strutural nightmare) or just weld up the rear doors (a bit pointless).

Jay

Crazy_eyes

Member +
i've never heard of it done but im guessing the easiest way would be photoshop? :). The only thing i can think of mate is removing the rear door handles and smoothing them over. They used to do this on cavilers and orions years back, other than that im with Jay on this one mate.

Secret-A

Member +
hmmm... i mean to remove the back doors and adjust the door from a standard starlet GT to the car.
the one from the original GT is longer.
after doing the work it must look same like the 2 doors GT.
welding the back doors wont be a good solution.
thanx so so much for all your advise..
lots of appreciation..

_shaun_

Member +
ive seen it done on other cars but its all custom fab and alot of man hours. would be far more economical to just buy a 2door and transplant everything into the shell

Secret-A

Member +
ive seen it done on other cars but its all custom fab and alot of man hours. would be far more economical to just buy a 2door and transplant everything into the shell

shaun i love to have a 2 doors starlet but realy so rare can even say cant see any 2 doors around here.i already have one 4 doors starlet and already swapped engine and so on.now just received a cusco roll cage but dont fit properly on a 4 doors.
thats why im doing it and the work already start some month before...

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Hi Secret-A,

Where abouts are you from?
Converting a 4 door car to a 2 door car is a massive job, as Jay has said moving pillars etc will cause you some problems if you dont know what your doing (which if you did know what you was doing you wouldnt be asking :) ).

In the long run, sourcing a 2 door will save time, money and issues with strength.

regards