Coolant Query

CMR

Member +
In halfords they do two different types of coolant.

One says For most engines manufactured before 1998 which was blue/green coloured.

Other says for most engines manufactured after 1998, and mentioned some 'advanced' stuff in it for modern engines. This was red.

I know Toyota long life should be used there just isnt a toyota near me.

Which one from Halfords do I need, I know Toyota one is red, but the 4E was made long before 1998 so is the first one what i need?
Or do I really need toyota long life stuff.

Help appreciated.

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
It doesnt have to be toyota long life.
For a time I used simple distilled water, temperatures are perfect as with toyota coolant, but the system was flushed regularly and water replaced to avoid corrosion.
There are other proper coolants out there though, doesnt have the be toyota long life, even if everyone knows the latter is brilliant so if you ould get hold of that one you have your mind at rest:)

CMR

Member +
From Sam on uksc but he was made redundant otherwise i'd of got some coolant from him!

And Cheers keith, i used water in an old car for the summer and that was fine.. just people seem to swear by toyota coolant on here :D
Anyone else used halfords coolant?

jay-glanza-v

Fresh Recruit
Alrite mate, it dosent realy matter 2much what coolant you use as long as you use some (if you get my meaning), glanza's should have RED (long life) from toyota. There is also PINK wich is super long life. dont know were bouts your from but im from penistone/barnsley and i work at toyota, pm me if ya want mi to get you a price and sort ya some out and i will meet you with the coolant sum time... hope this is some help.

gtadvmike

Member +
i have used halfords coolant in my gt since dday one and its is perfect no change in temp i'd say slightly lower temps than before lol

gtadvmike

Member +
Which one did you use though, the before or after 1998?

well i used pre 98 just cause well i drive a pre 98 gt :) coolant dont matter that much .... or thats what i always been taught and i'm a class 2 mechanic coolant is coolant end of :)

Monkfish

Member +
I use Halfords Advanced. It's a funky dayglo orange/pink colour too.

I see no reason why either coolant can't be used in any aged car.

ChrisGT

Member +
Do you not have a Toyota dealer anywhere near you? You can just walk in and go parts dept. and buy a 5l container. Might as well use the Toyota stuff if its at all possible!

Mike_ep91

Member +
i used the toyota coolant for awhile and then couldnt get hold of it so i used the Halfords Advanced coolant.It's an orange/pink colour.And the temps are fine in my car while using this.

CMR

Member +
Do you not have a Toyota dealer anywhere near you? You can just walk in and go parts dept. and buy a 5l container. Might as well use the Toyota stuff if its at all possible!

Nearest one is a 30 min drive.. i'm lazy. :p

The halfords advanced is the pre-mixed stuff right?

I'l use the halfords advanced for now and keep an eye on things, ta guys

ChrisGT

Member +
Nearest one is a 30 min drive.. i'm lazy. :p

The halfords advanced is the pre-mixed stuff right?

I'l use the halfords advanced for now and keep an eye on things, ta guys

Laaazy! I can walk to my Toyota in less than 5 mins! :p