Coolant temp sensor

GP82

Member +
I'm sure one's for the cluster gauge feed and the other for the ecu input, can't clarify which one is which but...

Edit: in the item description one is for the EP82, the green one, and the other for EP91..

Last edited:

munday

Member +
I'm sure one's for the cluster gauge feed and the other for the ecu input, can't clarify which one is which but...

They are for upto 05/1997 and the more expensive one is for 05/1997 onwards

I believe they are both coolant temp for the ecu

bridog

Member +
i got mine from a motor factor today

intermotor number - 55123 - cost me £9 :p
its the same for a a few cars , including a 2.5 ford ranger which would cost with ford £49

munday

Member +
i got mine from a motor factor today

intermotor number - 55123 - cost me £9 :p
its the same for a a few cars , including a 2.5 ford ranger which would cost with ford £49

Cheers mate, what style one was it from the two above?

sx_turbo

Lifer
on the ep91, they changed the sensor in the late part of 1998 until 1999,
this late sensor is expensive and hard to get hold of, thats the reason for the difference in price.

Last edited:

munday

Member +
Just to confirm...the cts is the one pointing towards the back of the engine on the thermostat housing, not one of the two under the dizzy? I just want to make 100% sure before shelling out :p

I'm pretty sure im right anyway :p

RGM1800

Member +
Just to confirm...the cts is the one pointing towards the back of the engine on the thermostat housing, not one of the two under the dizzy? I just want to make 100% sure before shelling out :p

I'm pretty sure im right anyway :p

no its not pointed through the engine. the one your talking about is the fan thermoswitch. the cts is pointing sidewards under the dizzy the green one:rockon: