coolant temp sensor!

tommrs

Member +
dont know if this is the right place but!
sunday i ordered a new coolant temp sensor for my 'gt 94 and ordered the £53 one and this one http://www.camskill.co.uk/m19b0s130...perature_Sender_-_Starlet_Turbo_up_to_05_1997 which is £15 and suprise suprise they both fit! haha! so sending the £53 one back tomorrow! haha!
just a heads up cause kept bein told t get the expensive one! haha! the expensive one has 3 connectors for the ep91 ecu but works on the 2 anyway! hope this helps someone save some cash!

tommrs

Member +
yeah! :) haha! didnt the ep91 only run till 98 anyway? my glanza was a 97 and im sure if i remember correctly it had a 2 pin! so maybe only later 97's/98's? anyone confirm?

corofin12345

Member +
have one here that came off a 99 4efte and its completely different.. (could possibly be off a auto engine??)

thermostat housing complete, note that there's no sensor for the temp gauge either
bits.jpg

tommrs

Member +
yeah thats a £53 one! im not sure if the 3rd pins on the later models is for the gauges tbh! cause the gauge uses 9v and the ecu uses 5v! and that what u get on the pins of a £53 one! haha! but u can use a 2 pin ( with fabrication of connector and use of an electronic gauge! ) if your planning on getting gauges anyway u save £38

corofin12345

Member +
was thinking the same myself, must be the temp gauge cause there was no other sensor on that engine for the gauge.. add an extra pin and up the price eh, lol

tommrs

Member +
tell me about it! ive got a feild harness with electric gauges anyway so didnt matter to me! thats why i tried both! but imo if youve got a manual water temp guage with the hose adapter that should be reliable enough to gauge it! the 9v pin isnt needed anyway cause it doesnt go anyway near the ecu! ( rewired my car over the weekend ) (shame i didnt have my camera with me though! :( definitly will do it again sometime! n add more stuff to the looms! ) but yeah for the sake of £38 you may aswell buy a hose adapter and a gauge! definitly looks nicer and more reliable than the standard one on the dials!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I don't understand how they both fit, the plastic plug is triangular on the glanza and oval on the GT? Or can you remove the plastic plug from the sensor? I've just bought one myself....

corofin12345

Member +
I don't understand how they both fit, the plastic plug is triangular on the glanza and oval on the GT? Or can you remove the plastic plug from the sensor? I've just bought one myself....

think he means they both fit into the housing, late model 97 up came with the 3 pin triangular CTS

WallaceGlanza

Member +
think he means they both fit into the housing, late model 97 up came with the 3 pin triangular CTS

I'm sure a lot of sensors would fit the hole but that doesn't mean it will actually work! I understand if you rewire or change the plug it may work but you'd want a tidy job done of it - so I'd rather just get the right one in the first place.

Also is the water temp sensor not the green plug in your photo above?

corofin12345

Member +
I'm sure a lot of sensors would fit the hole but that doesn't mean it will actually work! I understand if you rewire or change the plug it may work but you'd want a tidy job done of it - so I'd rather just get the right one in the first place.

Also is the water temp sensor not the green plug in your photo above?

water temp for the fan ya

tommrs

Member +
yes mods are needed t keep full function but the triangular plug fits in the 2 pin! just loose ya dash dial temp gauge! t me thats worth loosing for a while if ya cnt afford 53 until payday!