cracked piston

right took the gt apart and number 1 piston was cracked really bad,but luckily no damage to bored

what would of caused this,to much boost ?

also shall i just replace the one or do the lot,4 new pistons aqnd rings

any advice is much apprecaited

thanks

just found out why it was blowing headgaskets aswell,just looked at the package they came in 4efe

no in that case it wasnt a turbo gasket !!!!!!!!!!

sx_turbo

Lifer
the 4efte uses the same gasket as the 4efe mate ;)

did you ever get your car tuned on the rollers? that would be why it has cracked a piston.

big ends can be bought from dave b

if you were to put the car back together i would suggest getting new engine management this time, seeing as no one will tune the pfc-fcon you have

yea mate hoping to get an emanage and get it fitted,but it costs a bomb

any idea on how much that could be done for

dont fancy it blowing up again,would rahter it be safe :)

WallaceGlanza

Member +
yea mate hoping to get an emanage and get it fitted,but it costs a bomb

any idea on how much that could be done for

dont fancy it blowing up again,would rahter it be safe :)

Emanage isn't hard to fit yourself then its just a case of getting it mapped, which can cost from 100 to 400 depending on where you go.

sx_turbo

Lifer
if you had driven it round like a granny for a little bit you could have bought it and mapped it, with the money you would have saved on rebuilds.

ebay would be the best place to get the emanage from.

sx_turbo

Lifer
why will no1 tune your F-con >? :homer:

Phil

EDIT is it the gold pro ecu?

no its the really old pfc-fcon.

i think it's just because not many tuners has really heard of it and therefore they prefer to say they wont tune it.

i think nick jones said he would look at it at one point

Phil

Super Moderator
wideband and screwdriver and you'd be flying lol

its just a overgrown fuel controller, works a treat, get yourself a gcc to compliment it and you can fine tune!

Phil

nexia201

Member +
the 4efte uses the same gasket as the 4efe mate ;)

did you ever get your car tuned on the rollers? that would be why it has cracked a piston.

Why would tuning the car on the rollers it would have a cracked piston? im asking why cos mine has been tuned on the rollers for 6 hours and is ok but my mate had his done at thesame place and then his engine threw the oil out and found no1 and 2 cylinders v low on compression so prob broken piston or rings.

Phil

Super Moderator
dont think this is what rick is getting at mate, pretty sure he is advising gavcollier that it needed checked on the rollers!

no suggesting that it blew because he has been on the rollers!

maybe i read your post wrong nexia?

Phil ps tune it on the road :)

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
Why would tuning the car on the rollers it would have a cracked piston? im asking why cos mine has been tuned on the rollers for 6 hours and is ok but my mate had his done at thesame place and then his engine threw the oil out and found no1 and 2 cylinders v low on compression so prob broken piston or rings.

because he upped the boost and put a hybrid turbo on it, but never got it tuned

no it was always cyclinder two sx,what i thinks happend is when i bought the car it had 18 psi going through it,shortly after it killed number to

my theory is the same as turbodave,number one has been on its way since number two,and it finally give in

thats what i think has happend

thought i told u tha via pm before when u was helping me

when my car is running i love it so much,hopfully she will be ok this time

when i runned 1 bar it was crazy fast,i loved it