ct9 oil return pipe

what the job of replacing the ct9 oil feed/return flange consist of? bolt sizes etc would be appreciated as im going to have mine changed (probably the return pipe only, but want to see it first as its worn out)! what is the size (inside diamter) needed for the oil return pipe to the sump?

racerboymx

Member +
Cannot see much need in taking of the oil feed to the turbo if its not leaking..why fix it when its not broke;) I changed my return feed recently mate, the pipe was just held on with sum jubilee clips a flat head screw driver or normally a 7 or 8 socket should open them off, if it has never been changed before it will have the standard clamp that will open with a pair of pillars. When I took the pipe off I just went to the local tractor dealer and they had the exact same pipe for a € !!! the link below has a pictures and part numbers!!

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22570

durmz

Member +
yeah i think im gonna need to do this soon aswell, changing the turbo so may just be worth doing while ive got it off like

racerboymx

Member +
If it split or burst on you, it could cost you a new turbo or engine...all over a rubber pipe...definitely worth a check and only cost you a couple of squid ;)

durmz

Member +
yeah mate, sounds good, think im gonna get a braided feed while im there too, then its done, its sweet, job done

thats what it happened to me yesterday, it splitted (only a month old pipe from Toyota) when moving :S but fortunately lost major (think half remaining) of the oil when i stoped and turned off the engine and not while moving (lost a bit too), so turbo was still with oil and even the engine when it was working only when i turned off the pressure dropped and oil came out as no pressure was still there! then towed it back home and im changing the pipe and filling it with oil back to normal. also at anytime the oil light came on. so hope that nothing happened

Last edited: