Ct9 turbo seized.

scrappygit

Member +
As above I had to buy a new turbo for Glanza as my old turbo stopped boosting. After taking it of I found I had a leak from my oil feed and think it got blocked up and my old turbo then seezed and would not work. Now I've got a new cr9 hybrid with new oil feed and return lines all fitted and running good. Was his wondering ifbit was worth trying to sort it out and look at the internal bits to see if it can ce fixed so I can have it as a spare. Since I've taken the old turbo off the turbo shaft turns but is very stiff. Anyone got any ideas on what to do with it? Suggestion would be very greatfull. Cheers guys

corofin12345

Member +
you could rebuild it but hardly worth it, the bearings will have scored the shaft if it was seized... full internals needed for rebuild, shaft/exhaust wheel, bearings, trust bearing, seals etc etc

Skalabala

Member +
I have had good luck in the past with a seized turbo. Just marked the wheels to put them back where they were.
Stripped it and cleaned out all the burnt oil. And it worked great after that. Was a TD04 though...