Ct9

lis_wed

Fresh Recruit
Noob question, how much boost does a stock CT9 take? In other words does a forged, ct9 setup make sense? Thanks..

Glanza_cl

Member +
as stated you can push 1.1 possible 1.2 but there isn't much point as beyond 1bar it will just become inefficient or decreases the life of the turbo

lis_wed

Fresh Recruit
cheers guys, so there is really no point in going forged on a ct9 setup. Am just undecided on what setup to choose :S

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
If you need an engine rebuild anyway might aswell go forged as that'll keep option open for future upgrades. If you've got a nice healthy engine though then it'll handle 1bar all day. With the right supporting mods obviously.

Glanza_cl

Member +
always good to be forged if you are getting it rebuilt anyway... just gives you more scope for the future if you want some big power. plus you can pick up a td04 set up for pennies if you get bored of the ct9.

and yes with those mods it should but try and get it set up with a wideband or on a set of rollers to check the afr's are all good

oh also might wanna port your mani if it's stock or upgrade. pushing 1bar on the stock mani will just cause problems mate

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Might need an aftermarket manifold or port the stock one to clear the resitriction in the 3rd runner. And malta isn't the coolest place on earth, either a fmic or upgraded top mount intercooler (like an arc or rx7 top mount) would be a good idea.

lis_wed

Fresh Recruit
in the long run only god knows what. i guess all of you changed plans about your car at some time or another. for now my target is 250bhp or something like that...out of bounds i'd say for a ct9 right?

Fro

Member +
in the long run only god knows what. i guess all of you changed plans about your car at some time or another. for now my target is 250bhp or something like that...out of bounds i'd say for a ct9 right?

I would have thought so. .

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
250 on a ct9.. NO FUCKIN WAY! lol

id say upgrade to an fmic.. top mount one is fuckin useless here in malta..

td04/05 or t3.. and a manifold..

lis_wed

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the help guys and sry for any dumb question. as said, am no expert. just tryin to learn!