cusco lsd question

RobEP91

Member +
ive an standard lsd box thats crunching in second gear its going to cost 350 for a rebuild
but i can get a box with a cusco 1.5 way in it for the same price
would like to know what its like to drive with and is tere much of a difference

mad_max926

Member +
Well I read on Wikipedia the other day viscous lsds start to stop working properly after 70k in miles due to there design, so im guessing there will be a huge difference.

Don't know of the article I read relates to the same one the ep's use but of you want more info type LSD into Wikipedia and it will explain

RobEP91

Member +
Well I read on Wikipedia the other day viscous lsds start to stop working properly after 70k in miles due to there design, so im guessing there will be a huge difference.

Don't know of the article I read relates to the same one the ep's use but of you want more info type LSD into Wikipedia and it will explain

thanks ill do that now,anyone else have any info

dark_knight

Member +
@ RobEP91: hey mate, i'd say.. if you are paying more or less the same dime then get a cusco. have you done some reading on the different limited slips available..? :)

96v

Member +
I'm also quite sure that the oem lsd box uses different driveshafts than a standard box that has had an lsd added to it

dark_knight

Member +
OEM vs after-market

@ 96v: you are right mate. the OEM LSD box has a shorter RHS driveshaft but what you mention of the difference between OEM and teh various after-market LSD vendors may depend on which particular type you have..?

weeJohn

Lifer
350 is a bit dear for a rebuild and you may need to rebuild the box with the cusco diff in it after a while.

Saying that, the Cusco diff will be much better and you could probably sell the OEM lsd box with the short shaft and rear mount for a good few ££££s.