DHL = Useless

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Well ive been waiting 3 days for DHL in the Belfast Docks to deliver my 2 new turbos for the VR-4. With still no sign of them by yesterday afternoon i did the parcel tracker online to find DHL has damaged my parcel and have to repack it. Gave them a ring and they confirmed it was damaged in transit, so i dnt know if the turbos im waitng on are gna be any good.

Really annoyed over this as the car is going into Momentum Motorsport on friday to be stripped down and back running 100%.

What can i do if the turbos are fooked?

Last edited:

H_D

Member +
I agree with u, DHL are useless, i used to work for them and the excuses we had to make up for their incompetance to customers was appaling.

dark_knight

Member +
turbos are hardy devices.. i wouldn't worry too much about them being damaged, unless they were ran over by the airplane-tow tractors or were dropped from 10,000 feet :)

jonny-boi32

Member +
DHL are AWESOME...

AWESOME at fucking everything up! at christmas they delivered me a smashed laptop, the box looked like someone stood on it.
they delivered me a engine block, with damaged but and bits on it bent
they delivered my quadlights to the wrong address, wouldnt collect it, so i went and collected them, opened boxed and the mounts for the grill where smashed, and the pieces where laying in the box, which proves it was damaged in transit.
they delivered a td04 kit, left it at the neighbours, i lifted the box and the arse fell out of it, box was fucked
i arranged a collection and they never appeared, so i had to reschedule twice before they actually collected it

this was all in the space of 2 months

Iain@CRD

Lifer
DHL and UK Mail are the couriers to tend to use aswell and fortuently for me this has never happened. Whoever sent your turbo had the option to insure it for the correct value if they didnt it comes with a standard value of £50 i think it is.

y3Lo

Member +
yeah we use UK Mail at work also, there good and reasonably priced.

have you found out whether it was insured yet mate? otherwise your probably only covered between £30 - £50.