DIYPNP plug n play ECU

Phil

Super Moderator
the similar megasquirt on ebay gets a great name ExtraEFI

does the same built kits.

Phil

dac69er

Super Moderator
or just buy any other standalone on the market, some wire and the ecu connectors that can be bought from RS for a few £££ and you have a plug and play ecu.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
or just buy any other standalone on the market, some wire and the ecu connectors that can be bought from RS for a few £££ and you have a plug and play ecu.

true. but is there any other brand that is upgradable each time they introduce another board etc? im running emanage ultimate.. but always wanted to try the MS..

Phil

Super Moderator

more info duncan. id like to go MS myself has everything antilag everything, but id like it to be as easy as possible to fit, so whats this about RS ecu connectors.

?

Phil

dac69er

Super Moderator
more info duncan. id like to go MS myself has everything antilag everything, but id like it to be as easy as possible to fit, so whats this about RS ecu connectors.

?

Phil

i will have a look when i get the chance and pm you the part numbers.

AdamB

Member +
Would love to try one of the MS kits, but not on an expensive engine, don't quite trust them that much. I'm a big believer of "you get what you pay for" and skimping out on engine management is a sure no no.

Might consider it on an N/A of some sort.

Phil

Super Moderator
i think for me just now its either this which i will have 100% guru support for and can get mapped by my tuner of choice or an emanage which has no tricks or features that i will want further down the line.

Phil

sx_turbo

Lifer
the megasquirt is an awsome bit of kit.

its not really skimping, and they only use qaulity components. the danger element is whatever dickhead you get to tune it.

and in the tuning scene there pretty much all dickheads,

seen MS used in a number of builds locally---Subaru, Mitsubishi,, toyota......as with anything, you hear good and bad things

its really down to the tuning person/shop knowing how to install and use the system properly

Phil

Super Moderator
the megasquirt is an awsome bit of kit.

its not really skimping, and they only use qaulity components. the danger element is whatever dickhead you get to tune it.

and in the tuning scene there pretty much all dickheads,

Luckily we have some sound guys in northern ireland. our very own Mi16Chris for one!

Phil