Do i need my powerstering pump??

DarrenGT

Member +
Hello folks! im doing an engine build on my ep82 and was wondering do you have to put your power stering pump back on?? I know il prob have heavery steering but im just trying to minimize whats in the engine bay!...

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
no u can remove it many ppl hav as far as i know u need to leave some fluid in the steering rack so it doesnt seize up and block the holes up with bolts

AdamB

Member +
Yes it can, I think people use the ep81 rack? I'm sure someone can confirm. If you still wanted powersteering you can run an electric pump.

ryandlang

Member +
the power steering rack, without the pump etc attatched, will be heavier than a manual rack as i found out the other night when my adjuster bolt had rattled itself loose :)

i would fit a non PAS rack if your ditching the pump

DarrenGT

Member +
So it be grand once the holes are blocked to the rack???
What about the 2 air pipes coming from the intake to the rack??

dark_knight

Member +
loop the lines

@ DarrenGT: i'd recommend that you loop the pipes and not block them off. do the same for the air lines coming from the TB.

ryandlang

Member +
So it be grand once the holes are blocked to the rack???
What about the 2 air pipes coming from the intake to the rack??

no, it will be even heavier than a non PAS starlet still. unless you have humungous guns and enjoy non responsive heavy steering whilst moving, then i wouldnt bother removing it

if your adiment you have to remove it, then id definitely search for a non PAS rack