does ek9 use same oil filter as 1.4 civic?

hi guys got an ek9 this week been asking questions on ek9.org but no one is answering me:mad:

just want to know does ek9 use same oil filter as 1.4 civic or 1.6ils civic coupe?

and would they use same spark plugs and spark plug leads?

Johnny_C

Lifer
hi guys got an ek9 this week been asking questions on ek9.org but no one is answering me:mad:

just want to know does ek9 use same oil filter as 1.4 civic or 1.6ils civic coupe?

and would they use same spark plugs and spark plug leads?
doubt it,not even the same block sure.

Texx

Super Moderator
Pretty sure the oil filter will be the same, but couldn't comment on the plugs or leads.

Texx

Super Moderator
I know for a fact that a D14, D16, L13, B18, F18, R18, R20, K20 and K24 use the same filter, so I'm guessing a B16 will as well.

thats a big help so a 1.4 oil filter will do:rockon:
and are you defo for sure that 1.4 plugs will do without doin damage? i coulda sworn ya need heat range 7 at least with ek9?
how bot spark plug leads lads?

the old boys in the motor factors around my way dont have a clue lad when i had a 1.6 ils coupe id be there with them all day with all these vtec this and single cam this double overhead cam that! just wana make it as easy and as cheap as possible!

and dont get me started with main dealers;)

storey

Member +
I remember right the plugs are diff to the vti as standard as they are £8 a plug they are still ngk I can't remember code but 100% different and with filter get a hamp filter off eBay mate.

That's all I used on my ek civic sir def don't use same plugs as vti though mate. Ek9.org can be a bit funny at times mate I think they can be a bit picky any other questions just ask me and I'll try find out for toy if I don't know myself.

Chris

Dan3SGTE

Member +
well if this is any help, im currently using 1 of my mates plugs from his CRX B16 on my B18C. So yeah, they fit and work fine.