Download Festival

parkiboy

Member +
Just ordered my ticket for this the other day :) doing the duration wednesday afternoon when it opens til monday morning when we get kicked out!!

just wondered if anyone else is planning on going this year?? pretty impressive line up so :)

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
lol hows this?? its a 5 day pissup with a group of you friends listening to some of the biggest names in rock/metal live... its like loads of gigs crammed into 1 weekend :p

No it's not. It's good for sure, but the atmosphere of a gig is MUCH better. Slipknot in December was awesome, but they won't be as awesome at this. 36 Crazyfists was possibly the best gig I've ever been to, witht the support band coming back to my house after the gig, they wouldn't be as good in a festival. Just my opinion that festivals are not anywhere near as good as proper gigs.

Been to many gigs and festivals and gigs are always better. Plus they are mega expensive these days!

Last edited:

weakboy2

Member +
went to a Bloc Party gig in bournemouth, only like 2-300 ppl there was bloody awesome :)

Glastonbury is getting worse these days

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
went to a Bloc Party gig in bournemouth, only like 2-300 ppl there was bloody awesome :)

Glastonbury is getting worse these days

Thats my point, the atmosphere in a field with tens of thousands of people just isn't as good as 300 in a venue. Will go to Download next year and do the Le Mans Classic probably.

goldenvtr

Member +
Saw metallica last month and it was fuking amazing! my mate had seen them a few times before, but he said it dosnt even compaire to an arena, a festival has to much open area for decent sound quality

parkiboy

Member +
damn emo's.

Yes I'm dangling a carrot...

says the chav :p
22022009427.jpg

and yes my carrots bigger than yours ;)

lol love you really man :p

Sigma

Member +
Went to download last year, in the campervan park and it was a right laugh!

Good atmosphere!

Don't know if I'm gonna go again this year...

CMR

Member +
says the chav :p
22022009427.jpg

and yes my carrots bigger than yours ;)

lol love you really man :p

Ahahaahaha parki!

download has some decent bands, but majority is shite imo. All emo / glam metal now :(

Bloodstock open air, now thats a festival :rockon::rockon:

edit: few bands on at download actually id see but on different days.. wtf @ some of the line up though, all the shit metal bands who used to play at leeds / reading have been kicked out by the indy pop bands so theyve all moved to download by the looks of things!
How long before marilyn manson is at bloodstock i wonder ROFL

Last edited: