Drag Racing In Jamaica

hardcoreep

Member +
Despite just having a Hurricane, and General Elections which have threatened to close our only Drag Racing Venue, there was a good turn out of our second to last Drag meet ever on the island. These were going on http://hardcore.ep91.com but since I've been too busy to update the site enjoy this look into EP drag racing in Jamaica.

PICT0040.jpg

Typical car.

PICT0039.jpg

Glanza Vs are rare, so this is a Glanza S conversion using our standard formula. A big turbo attached to a 5E exhaust manifold. Cheap, crude, effective...
PICT0023.jpg

...and as you can see, works wonders.

PICT0016.jpg

KP with SR20 conversion.

PICT0009.jpg

One of the high range (man got money) EP. The Evolution runs on Ethanol.

PICT0008.jpg

Starlets here aren't afraid of anything. We're pretty high on the food chain.

PICT0004.jpg

We call these the EP69. Its a EP71 with a EP82 front cut. This is because the parts for the EP71 have dried up and people that crash them have to be looking for alternatives. Someone figured out this would work. Ugly as hell.

PICT0005.jpg

My friend Tevin. EP80 with turbocharged 4AGZE engine.

PICT0003.jpg

Runs 11 seconds, built with cost no option, Jamaican style. Stock 5E with MHI turbo.

PICT0006.jpg

Not an EP, but a Toyota none the less. The YRV Turbo.

jarbo

Member +
really interested to see what these cars will do on a properly prepped surface.
you guys south of us are really innovative.
''necessity is the mother of invention'' comes to mind when i think about how most of you 'MAKE' things work.
all the best still mi bredrin .. BIG UP!!!

GP82

Member +
Awesome :rockon:

How comes they wanna close the venue down? Can't they see how may people enjoy this, petition :confused:

riko666

Member +
If it's anything like the Recent trends in America, it's because turds are buying houses near said Race Tracks and complaining it's "too noisy"....you don't buy a seaside house and complain it's too humid and ask for the Sea to be taken away do you?? Such 'tards

hardcoreep

Member +
Nope, no videos. I'm not really a drag fan so I don't take my video camera.

The Venue is being closed because the previous Gov't wanted to convert to an airport. Vernamfield is an old US military base from the old cold war days. We're next to Cuba if you didn't remember. The current Gov't is going to convert it to an air cargo base due to the limited capacity of the old airport. It already under military orders. We're just being facilitated until the end of the year.

The other purpose built venue sucks, and no-one wants to go there.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
cant believe there closing it down that sucks.

and then the goverment wonder why street racing etc happens when they close every drag strip / circuit that people enjoy! are they not compromising and helping build you another or anything?

suppose petitions dont have much power in jamaica there probably a no shit kinda goverment i guess lol. well the starlets look mad neway