drivers side front indicator.

fordie_glanzaV

Fresh Recruit
Just brought 1996 glanza V two weeks ago.
brought it damaged from a friend after some oap pulled out on him.. i work in a body shop so will b up to scratch in no time.
the 1 problem i am stuck with is that drivers side front indicator is not working. iv tried a few new bulbs, also checked power sorce but nothing there.
Im wondering if any1 could tell me if the fuse for the indicators run both fronts or each side.. or are they indipendant, as the rest of the indicators work fine.
tried looking at diagrams but every diagram i have found seems to be in japenese...

many thanks

dark_knight

Member +
wiring loom

how bad was the injury to that front right quarter panel..? it could have snapped a wire.. anyway, if i recall correctly, the wiring loom that feeds the RHS light cluster comes from the left hand side, through the front underside of the top slam panel and to the lights themselves. check that the live feeds and grounds are all good. report back when you have some more info.. :)

my old car and the smack wernt that bad the indicator was working for weeks after so it definatly isnt that, best bet is for someone to show him which fuse does it, as i cant rember

weeJohn

Lifer
Only 1 fuse for all the indicators and the rear, front and repeater are all tapped off the 1 wire coming from the hazard switch and the turn signal switch. I would say its a problem in the area of the indicator, could be the feed wire, the earth wire or the connection to the bulb it self.

fordie_glanzaV

Fresh Recruit
damage isnt really that bad and yes its front drivers wing. all other indicators work etc iv traced wires and all seem to be ok..... im gunna take actual bulb holder off later and check the conections in that... thanks alot for help anyway people.
Wing has finally arrived from toyota today so should be repaired over christmas holiday :) :)