E-manage Blue starting problems

Bambos

Fresh Recruit
I have an ep82 quad lamp and have wired in the e-manage, the engine turns over but wont fire. Ive set all the switches correctly. Its second hand and i dont know what car it was mapped to previously could this be the reason. Any help will be apreciated.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
if its been mapped for another car then yes itll have starting issues! the fueling map will probably be totally wrong! you need to get it remapped tbh

eptercel82

Member +
interesting i purchased a second hand one from a turbo honda switched the pins for the ep82 ecu and the cars starts up fine and i havent even cleaned off the old map??

you sure your emb is powered up or everything is plugged in properly???

lvaleiron

Member +
check all the wiring again, maybe you have some dodgy connection in the ignition harness, as you say you are getting no spark?, other than that, clean all the maps, injection, ignition, boost cut, and turn them off on the software. See if this helps, i had some starting issues as well when i installed my emb back then.

mcleod

Member +
try swapping the blue and black wire with the blue and white wire on the smaller of the 2 emanage plugs. you'll find there to the left of the plug if the clip is facing upwards