Ecu fault codes 12 and 42

shaeeb

Member +
Hi guys, check engine light came on throwing codes 12 and 42 > rpm and speed faults> problem is the car runs fine tachometer and speedo work ok, reset the ecu by unplugging 15a fuse, codes clear but reappear after a day, I'm running a blitz access ecu, I hope the ecu isn't playing up, is there any other checks I could do or replace igniter or dizzy before condemning the ecu?

Has anyone encountered similar faults, did see a thread about the jam/blitz ecu's throwing of such codes

Thanks

shaeeb

Member +
[ I think it the speed limit dedefencer as your have a blitz ecu

I'm pretty sure the sld is in built to the blitz ecu, these ecu's remove the speed and fuel cuts normal to stock ecu's, point to note the check engine light only comes on in the early morning drive if I'm over 4000 rpm, I tried replicating the fault in the afternoon no check light comes on,
Currently running a ct12, fmic, rrfpr, Decat etc

Jay

Admin
I'd be starting with the code 12 first and trying to trace it. The code 42 could be just a side effect of the RPM signal being disrupted.

If it doesn't happen under load you could swap in a stock ECU and stay off wide open throttle just for ECU testing purposes.

shaeeb

Member +
I'd be starting with the code 12 first and trying to trace it. The code 42 could be just a side effect of the RPM signal being disrupted.

If it doesn't happen under load you could swap in a stock ECU and stay off wide open throttle just for ECU testing purposes.

I actually started with the code 12 opting to rule out a faulty igniter or dizzy, the but that puzzles me is on cold mornings if I hold rpm above 4k light comes on, warmer afternoons I'd boost it to red line and nothing,
Could it be dry joints within the ecu?
I'll swap with the stock ecu and post results