Egypt- whos been and what did you think?

EP824U

Member +
My girlfriend and I are going to egypt with another couple who are our close friends. I was very excited until she forwarded me an email of a poor review and how slimy and money grabbing the egyptians are.
I know its just one review but its got me worried as my girlfriend is blonde and pretty and I dont want the Egyptians allover her otherwise I'll have to perform the walls of Jericho move.
Have any of you been? How would you rate it?
Input would be appreciated.
Cheers

smythy75

Member +
i think the best thing to do in egypt is to get her to put on a wedding ring and say you are married :)

xxjack189

Member +
Read around, one review means nothing theres always people who have a cynical view on things. iv always wanted to go to egypt, i think it would be amazing.

gglavin

Member +
My girlfriend and I are going to egypt with another couple who are our close friends. I was very excited until she forwarded me an email of a poor review and how slimy and money grabbing the egyptians are.
I know its just one review but its got me worried as my girlfriend is blonde and pretty and I dont want the Egyptians allover her otherwise I'll have to perform the walls of Jericho move.
Have any of you been? How would you rate it?
Input would be appreciated.
Cheers

any pics? :p

i wouldnt worry about it man, but they are thieveing c*nts.

EP824U

Member +
Read around, one review means nothing theres always people who have a cynical view on things. iv always wanted to go to egypt, i think it would be amazing.

Thats what I thought. Some people are so cynical and grumpy! I've read a few reviews and theyre pretty mixed. ^ Im aware the are theives but remember the artful dodger was English :).
In the review I read just now it said hotel staff nick your towel and demand you pay for it at the end lol. If I see this the talc will come out and someone will get a pimp :slap:

Beaker

Member +
Dont worry too much about it. Any where in that part of the world there is a chance of being hassled but in most places you will be fine. Plus the things you will see there will make up for any irritation you get. If you like ancient civilisation stuff you will have a field day. There are temples and pyramids littering the place not just the tourist ones (think pyramids - there are about 80 of them in various states of disrepair not just the famous ones at Giza, same with temples).
Just be a bit careful and you will have a great time. Dont go in summer...F*cking roasting!!!!

addz

Member +
Mate I wouldn't go with just this one review you've heard.

No matter where you go citizens will want to support themselvers and their country. Watch out for ransom - blodes have a high price there:eek:

Go with the flow, enjoy your holiday with slight awareness of what you've heard. Then come back to us with a review, which one can call not bias, we hope.:haha:

Ben89

Lifer
i have mixed reveiws on egypt also, as has already been said just make sure you keep an eye open for people try to con you etc, also it may be easier to tell people that you and the mrs are married, i resorted to this while on holiday in turkey with my bird who is also blonde. although the men were laughable really just tell them to fuck off if they approach her,

ep91_bham

Fresh Recruit
lool
dont worry about that review mate
bein there with my family there and they are not bad tbh they do try to get you to buy there items and stuff but the weather makes up for it and the overall its really exciting but some are pervs but they really will not do anything as long as your with heir everything will be fine and they wont touch or anything they just look at what they carnt have lool just enjoy it mate i had the same idea when i went but it all turned out fine p.s dont buy any fags or anything there , there all fake and kill your throat lool

EP824U

Member +
I am going in October so shouldnt be 2 bad. @ Ben; I suggested that to the missus! Don't get me wrong; I can handle banter and can be assertive when needed. However, I cant hack attention on the mrs from other men. I guess you just need to take everything with a pinch of salt.

xxjack189

Member +
Im sure if you get a respectable hotel and read travel guides on what to watch out for you should be fine, as for your girlfriend get her a nice veil like all the egyptian women then she wont be hassled:p

EP824U

Member +
lool
dont worry about that review mate
bein there with my family there and they are not bad tbh they do try to get you to buy there items and stuff but the weather makes up for it and the overall its really exciting but some are pervs but they really will not do anything as long as your with heir everything will be fine and they wont touch or anything they just look at what they carnt have lool just enjoy it mate i had the same idea when i went but it all turned out fine p.s dont buy any fags or anything there , there all fake and kill your throat lool

lol thanks dude, very good to know. Where do I get real fags though? lol

GTnomez

Member +
Mate, i cant go anywhere without people having a look at my wife. Good thing im not the jealous type or else there would have been loads of Izuna drops and Walls dives shrieking 'Yooooowwwwwww'. Shameless bastards.

Egypt is a lovely place, shame they overcharge you for attractions like the valley of the kings etc. So yeah you will be rinsed, especially if they know your from the UK!!! 'Kaching $$$$$'

Ben89

Lifer
I am going in October so shouldnt be 2 bad. @ Ben; I suggested that to the missus! Don't get me wrong; I can handle banter and can be assertive when needed. However, I cant hack attention on the mrs from other men. I guess you just need to take everything with a pinch of salt.

Thats exactly it mate, generally they dont want trouble so they get the picture and move on to the next girl they see, i suppose you cant blame them for trying there luck!!

EP824U

Member +
yeh; Im not too great when it comes to jealousy and have got myself into trouble over it in england. However, I am NOT getting in trouble over there as foreign :holdit: are bastards to say the least! Ialso really want her and our two mates to enjoy themselves so Im just guna chill and if the slime persist I'll raise my eyebrow like the rock. that'll soon sort the men from the boys :)

bilz

Member +
I went in july pretty good place.

As for your girl tbh from what i have seen its not going to be much different form here.

They do try to rip you off a bit but do haggle with everything,

Ummm.... what else be wary of the taxi drives they do tend to charge a lot but again you can get them down. they tend to put up a 50% mark up for tourists.

Finally if you do go to Cairo be very wary you will get thieves who will want to steal your valuables so keep things close to you and safe

other than that it is a very good place you should enjoy it. anymore info just ask

as for fags, we just bought single boxes from a local shop.

EP824U

Member +
Mate, i cant go anywhere without people having a look at my wife. Good thing im not the jealous type or else there would have been loads of Izuna drops and Walls dives shrieking 'Yooooowwwwwww'. Shameless bastards.

Egypt is a lovely place, shame they overcharge you for attractions like the valley of the kings etc. So yeah you will be rinsed, especially if they know your from the UK!!! 'Kaching $$$$$'

It really annoys me. I dont care if someone looks then when u catch them looking they give u a nod, look away or whatever. But the other day, this asian man in asda was propper staring at her; with a dirty look, like a grimace. I looked at him as if to say "no" but he looked at me then looked back at her in the perviest way! Some people r so rude!
The stupidest thing is I was put in the dog house by the missus for telling him off!