Electrical boost gauge reading and installation help

ahmedsalem89

Member +
hi guys yesterday I got a d1 spec Electrical boost gauge same as pic
409318_10151094740202747_1090673692_n.jpg

I had some one wire it and I placed the T and connected the vacuum to sensor like this
IMG_20121022_221238_zpsb5f79e83.jpg

IMG_20121022_221245_zpsc0eb54e4.jpg

did I do this the right way??
also I'm still having a hard time reading it :D
I mean when the ignition is on but the engine is off it shows just below zero and when I start the engine it shows between 0.6 and 0.8 below zero also
when I start do drive it goes up and maximums at around 0.25 maybe 0.35 above the zero
Can any one help me out with this please?

laskt9

Member +
Move your vac reading to a different port. If you don't have ac use one from that

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

That sounds about right with the readings Your getting apart from the ones above 0

0.35 is a very low boost level. is that on high boost ? You no the boost button on ur dash ? If it is in low boost then that's kind of exceptable
And ur readings would be correct !
What's ur std boost gauge on the dash doing / reading ?
Failing that I'd say uv got a boost problem ! How dose ur car pull ?

Last edited:

ahmedsalem89

Member +
Move your vac reading to a different port. If you don't have ac use one from that

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

I tried different ports and they all gave same readings on idle so I assume they will all give same readings while driving and I have ac

That sounds about right with the readings Your getting apart from the ones above 0

0.35 is a very low boost level. is that on high boost ? You no the boost button on ur dash ? If it is in low boost then that's kind of exceptable
And ur readings would be correct !
What's ur std boost gauge on the dash doing / reading ?
Failing that I'd say uv got a boost problem ! How dose ur car pull ?

I've been trying yesterday and I noticed that the highest I can reach differs and I nearly reach 0.5 in third gear, I did some reading and understood that it'll only reach the peak boost which in my case supposed to be .6 par (9 Psi) when the pedal is floored in 3rd or 4th gear right? I'll go on the highway and try more

the car is EE100 corolla so I have no boost button (so it'll always be on high boost 9 psi right?) and no std boost gauge in the dash the car pulls fine but it's been better so I may have a leak

another thing where did you get it? looks well nice:)

yeah it definitely is and with options like setting warning and remembering peak it also changes brightness and colour :D
I got it from a local dealer hear but I'm sure u can find it online

Last edited:

ahmedsalem89

Member +
also I have one more question please
I understand that below zero it's vacuum and boost is when it rises above zero right?
then how come when I press the gas and it rises to 0.2 or 0.4 below zero and then take my foot off I can hear the blow off valve?
isn't hearing the blow off valve sound mean it was actually creating boost?
thanx again guys

dark_knight

Member +
hearing the dump valve just means that your turbo was already spooling and not necessarily making positive pressure (boost).
your sound pretty new to this, aren't you..? :)

ahmedsalem89

Member +
U got that right sir :D my first turbo engine and i'm taking the whole modificaton thing one small step at a time in order not to break anything :D
Thanks for the helpful info.
Further on the boost gauge reading I took the car on the haighway to make sure that the gauge is working peoperly and I reached boost cut at around 0.7~0.8 par on the gauge I believe it was boost cut as it was at the same amount of boost at the second, third and fourth gear and when i reach it the car was cutting steady until i upshift. Gotta get the car checked though