Emission

malcolmgt

Member +
for MOT. cat is on and got japseed system from cat back.
saying its too high, my garage reckon possible knackered/old o2 sensor?

its only standard really never played with fueling etc

dac69er

Super Moderator
what exactly is too high? most commonly it will be an exhaust leak. but could be a few other things like the o2 sensor or coolant temperature sensor. for the sake of £20, i would put a new o2 sensor in and then check for exhaust leaks and try again.

malcolmgt

Member +
what exactly is too high? most commonly it will be an exhaust leak. but could be a few other things like the o2 sensor or coolant temperature sensor. for the sake of £20, i would put a new o2 sensor in and then check for exhaust leaks and try again.

he has checked over exhaust and doesnt seem any leaks that he can see.
as you say for the small fee he is putting the o2 sensor on for me to check. just brainstorming in case its not that.

Jay

Admin
Can also be a leak in a vacuum hose (seen this twice in person so that's twice more than a faulty lambda lol)

Process of elimination sounds your best option mate. Keep us posted with progress.

malcolmgt

Member +
Can also be a leak in a vacuum hose (seen this twice in person so that's twice more than a faulty lambda lol)

Process of elimination sounds your best option mate. Keep us posted with progress.

yeah will do, will get him to check vacuum hoses. fingers crossed.

malcolmgt

Member +
No vacuum leaks at all.
bung in and passed o2 part.
failing on the CO2 emissions.

pulled up code 34 but no exhaust manifold leaks. map sensor maybe? dont want to spend money on a map sensor and it not be this

Jay

Admin
A leak in the vacuum hose at the MAP sensor could cause it but if you've already checked for leaks that should rule it out.

You running stock injectors, stock fuel regulator and standard pump yeah?

malcolmgt

Member +
A leak in the vacuum hose at the MAP sensor could cause it but if you've already checked for leaks that should rule it out.

You running stock injectors, stock fuel regulator and standard pump yeah?

yeah all standard mate :S

got Garage to run it through as a non cat thankfully however do want to resolve the issue.
im going to replace all the vacuum pipes and see if this helps the issue. Have got some tatty vacuums on there. bloody cars.