engine bay fusebox wiring loom.

toyotagt

Member +
im searching here the last hour and i cant find anything at all..

wat i need is to find out what all the wires are for on these 2 white connectors..

and the reason is i need to wire a different starlet enginebay loom to the GT loom...

weeJohn

Lifer
Pretty sure the one on the right goes to the alternator, easy to check as there are very few wires that thick and that colour. The other plug varies in its connections from model to model, there was a change in 91 and 93 I think, better tracing them as well.

Stu-

Member +
Charge circuit plug has the fat cables - usually the blue is the 12v feed from the battery into the plug and the other is the output from fusebox to the alternator/starter main powers etc.

As above you'll need to trace the others as they do vary - one will be alternator confirmation signal (usually yellow), fuel pump confirmation, 12v power etc. I've got them all on a spreadsheet somewhere, will try and find it

weeJohn

Lifer
Either rip all the tape off and follow each wire 1 by 1, or use a multimeter on a bleep test to see where they go. Some of those wires are spliced between there and the other parts of the loom, a red and black with 1 silver bar, a brown earth with 2 silver bars and a red and black with 2 silver bars. Could be a spliced wite and black earth in there as well, its been a few years since I ripped on apart lol.

Stu-

Member +
Ive got a couple of looms stripped back ready for EP71 wiring conversions - can you share a photo of the plug (wire side) and I can compare with what I've got. If there is one the same it will make tracing alot easier