Engine build gone wrong??

DarrenGT

Member +
Hello people.. I done an engine build on my ep82 4efte starlet.. Ive done toyota big ends, toyota piston rings, 1 toyota piston and valve stem oil seals in the head.. BUT it started to leak oil from the sump so i thought it wasnt sealed properly.. i sealed it but kept leaking!! after trying to seal it 4 times its kept leaking and just got so bad oil leaking from everywere.. So anyone have any ideas what ive done wrong???

madman

Member +
Check the little insert at the back of the dizzy cap if you don't have sealer on it it will give you the impression it's coming from the sump. I'm on my phone now but il post a picture for you later.

DarrenGT

Member +
Defo the sump!! Because the engine was spotless when i put it back together... could it be the rings upside down or that??

sx_turbo

Lifer
the sumps are bastards to seal,

they normally tend to leak where the hump is for the crank, put a little extra sealant here, the same goes for the other side

rinseep82

Fresh Recruit
check ur crank seal dude they are a nightmare sometimes on new engines a mate of mine had problems with his

DarrenGT

Member +
Ive changed the crankshaft oil seal ha.. im wondering when i fited the new piston were one of the other ones on the way out.. The reason why i changed the piston was because the ring land literaly FELL OFF!!!