engine misfire only when turning left??

alotofpower

Fresh Recruit
some of you may know i have a 95 ep82 with a 5efhe conversion, everything works fine apart from the heater which has no wiring but thats another story altogether.

my problem now is.. when i turn left (even a very slight left bend), the engine splutters and the whole car jumps back and forward, but keeps going. it doesnt happen when im going strait or turning right??

as far as i can see there is no wiring catching the steering rack, i thought it might of been low oil but all the levels are fine,

this has been bothering me now for a few weeks and has me baffled, its not my every day driver i only use it to nip to the shop from time to time.

has anyone come across something like this before?
does anyone have the solution for me?

thanks in advance,
alan...

weeJohn

Lifer
You have the loom fitted in such a way that one or more of the electrical plugs are strained by the tension of the wires I would say. When you turn the corner the engine pitches and pulls the plug a bit.

Seen it on a local car here, it was around the bulkhead but I cant remember exactly which sensor, look at the TPS and map sensor plugs and make sure there is some slack on the wires.

Also make sure the coilpack is well bolted on, it needs to be earthed to work properly and if its only held on with 1 bolt and it pitches going round a corner then it could be loosing its earth.