engine problem?

Penney16

Member +
went for a drive earlyer today and parked up but when i started it back up again it just start dyen on me, it cuts of sumtimes when it stops but sumtimes it just idles very low at about 0.1, 0.2 any one no what the problem is, the batery light and the one beside it where on for a while and my window and wipers moved very slow but them lights dont show now and the battery is faily new
any help much appriciated.

corofin12345

Member +
check the battery for voltage first.. with car on and car off.. off it should over 11volts and on around 14volts.. chech earths also.. sound like alternator problems tho

Penney16

Member +
i starded it up thismornin and it was grand but within 5 mins it drop to about 250 revs and when i rev it up to about 3000 revs and let off the accelerator it just drops and cuts off?

corofin12345

Member +
well you will know from the voltage.. you could also check what the alternator voltage is... have you got a turbo timer on the car and if yes does it have a vlotage function?

Penney16

Member +
ill get it checked tomorow, ye it has a turbo timer but doesnt have voltage just the time
thanks for the help
if it is the altinator will it cost much to replace or sort it out?

Tanz

Lifer
an alternator would only cost you about 10 or 15 euros,,firstly though id check the terminals to make sure you are getting a proper connection then id check battery and earthing and if all that is ok then its your alternator...

Penney16

Member +
an alternator would only cost you about 10 or 15 euros,,firstly though id check the terminals to make sure you are getting a proper connection then id check battery and earthing and if all that is ok then its your alternator...

ye thats grand thanks for the help lads
ill let yous no what it is
thanks