EP82 prob, help!

DizzyDragon

Member +
Bizzare

hey,-

changed the alternator and battery in my car, as the alternator packed in, the battery and sensory light came on.

After changing the alternator and the battery, the battery light and sensor light are both still there, and its hunting from 1700 - 2000 revs now?

Will an unplugged sensor do this?

I havent driven the car for 3 weeks either, havent needed to :p Not sure why its doing this as its normally 100%.

any ideas?

DizzyDragon

Member +
hey.

I mentioned in another thread i havent used the car in 3 weeks and now its playing up!

It ran ok after an alternator change, then when i went to accelerate it would pop rapidly, and if i dipped the clutch the engine would stall forcing me to bump it when driving so i could get it the few hundred yards home.

It was playing up at first, popping and lurchin when i accelerated, but now it wont start at all. just keeps trying to turn over with a high pitched whurring.

any help? cheers

DizzyDragon

Member +
i rubbed down the plugs, havent checked the leads.

I'll check them tommorow morning, recon its a big prob? I havent got a managment system but running a lot of mods :/ was thinking its a fuelling problem

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
i rubbed down the plugs, havent checked the leads.

I'll check them tommorow morning, recon its a big prob? I havent got a managment system but running a lot of mods :/ was thinking its a fuelling problem

Sounds like an ignition problem so no,not a big one

The diagnostics plug is on the battery lead,says diagnostics on it

Texx

Super Moderator
wheres the SD plug?

checkconnectorlocation.jpg

DizzyDragon

Member +
hey, done the check this morning.

the light will flash once, wait 2 seconds, flash twice, wait 4 second then repeat.

Is that a code one and a two?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
this only happened since the alternator went :/ bizzare eh?

I'll try reset it.

Take off the dizzy cap and have a look at the pins for damage.
Then take off the rotar arm cap (kind of maroon colour) and check it for craks,burns or other damage.

DizzyDragon

Member +
right, just reset it, code still there.

I tried to start the engine, it starts for like 2 seconds, then revs drop to zero. You can hear a high pitch whining noise for like 5 seconds after then thats it. The next time it wont even start jus keeps trying.