EP91 water pump and fan not working.

Sii

Member +
Does anyone know where the plug should go for the water pump thermostat? I'm just about to take mine for it's MOT after the fitting on the TD04 but it's not cooling down. I have fitted a new fan that works when fed from the battery but not from the harness, going to check the feeds in the harness however the top of the rad gets hot and it doesn't move the water around.

Bottom hose has water in it, just not moving. the thermostat that sits at the block end of the bottom hose return is plugged in.

Is the water pump electric?

Sii

Member +
seeing as the water doesn't appear to be getting pumped around, that would fail to pass it through the thermostat and therefore mean it won't engage the fan, correct? (logical assumption here).

Is there anything that fails or that is overlooked on a regular basis in relation to this?

Sii

Member +
looked under the car, mechanical water pump as expected, was just trying to figure out of a short could have stopped the pump, that is if it was electric.

Sii

Member +
well I have ran it up to temp, no water in top hose, cold water in bottom hose, no heat out of the blowers even on full. I'm not thinking an air blockage somewhere is not allowing any water around the pump and then no water into the rad?

danturbo4311

Member +
The water pump is belt driven not electric is the belt on if it is then is it tight enough, if not trying taking the thermostat out & put it in some boiling water make sure it opens

weeJohn

Lifer
well I have ran it up to temp, no water in top hose, cold water in bottom hose, no heat out of the blowers even on full. I'm not thinking an air blockage somewhere is not allowing any water around the pump and then no water into the rad?

Have you tried adding water into the radiator to fill it up?:homer: