Exedy Cerametallic Racing clutch kit power ?

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
What sort off power can the Exedy Cerametallic Racing clutch kit take, and whar power are people running on them ?.

Thanks

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
Hmmm sounds good sure other memeber was saying these where not that good tho, any views on this clutch

rep for the help

smythy75

Member +
they are piss! mine cracked and had started to collapse or something weird! no more than 10k on it either

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
wtf.... did you send it back to exedy. i cant see no way these holdin the power for 350ft/bls torque.

any more views on these

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Got one in my car, lovely piece of kit, I'm only running 276ftlbs and 320hp though so lots left in it.

In a year and mines abused heavily lol!

Nippon

Member +
Ive had mine in for over a year now and its still going strong. Use my car everyday. Im not running big power but I bought it with the intention of getting big power eventually.
Its acctually better now it is worn in than when it was brand new. Not quite so harsh.

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the reviews-comments

this is what a member pm me

the car judders too much therefore you have to rev it to stop the juddering.

im running 0.8 bar on td04 for 1 month and i was previously running 1 bar on ct9 for about 6 months and it has slipped about 6 times during that period.

the springs in the clutch are crap and they make an annoying rattling noise.

the odd time the car gets stuck in gear and sometimes it sticks as in delays slightly to get out of gear.

i have heard that these clutches are not good for daily use they are only good for trackdays or drag days.

I dont think there rahter that good from reading the views for that sort off money ...

And to daves comment but long long for... did you run one off these in your demo car ?

I have used this clutch in every starlet I have had, some people will abuse the life out of them and say they're crap. From personal experience i like them and have never had one slip

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Never had it slip once, I've launched at 6000rpm in both first and second gear with drag slicks, if it was going to slip I think it would have.

By the very nature of the clutch, there is very little slip, if ur foot rests lightly on the peddle it could cause a slip, you soon learn how not to get the judder.

I'd be more inclined to blame the driver than the clutch.