Exedy clutch

ChrisW

Lifer
Has, or is anyone running a standard replacement exedy clutch kit???

My standard clutch is now officially f*cked after upping my boost to 0.85bar on my HKS actuator. Im running a pretty standard setup however with just a HKS shroom filter and cat back exhaust.

I'd guess I'm currently running around 145-150BHP and plan in the next 6-8 months to get upto a maximum of 170/180BHP. Would I be wasting my time fitting a standard exedy clutch or would it hold out???? As you can probably guess I just havn't got the £££ for an organic one at the minute!

Thanks ppl!

Last edited:

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
i'm running one of the Exedy 30% uprated ones, never had any problems with it but some have,
if i was to recomend one i'd get the TRD one or the ORC one

I'm running somewhere around the 160 - 170 mark, Running 1 bar, turbo back exhaust, Jam type ECU and a few other bits

Adam_Glanza

Member +
you might be lucky but alot of people have had problems with them,

and as clutches arent exactly an easy job its better to just do the job once,

i would recommend just saving up and doing the job properly instead of buying a wank clutch and having to do it twice!!

ChrisW

Lifer
Is that the 'organic' one then? Cost around £300???

I'm on a budget :( so was wondering about the standard cluch which is like £100 lol! If it is crap with power then I'll have to get an organic one I think!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well im my eyes its pointless to waste money on a standard clutch if your upping the power.

especially if your not doing it yourself then youll have garage labour rates too to deal with!

your better of saving up ofr the organic clutch or the orc clutch and only need to do it once mate

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well tbh the orc isnt cheap at all.

the cheapest will probably be the exedy organic. the orc is on the £470 margin, but you get a ligthtened flywheel with it, and the build quality is awesome.

i wouldnt do go for the 30% uprated bollocks tho i think youll regret it when upping power

ChrisW

Lifer
Is the Exedy organic the 30% uprated one then?

What about the CAP paddle clutches from Speedvision???

Franza1

The Cap Paddle cluch seems to be a quality bit of kit, should do more than you require powerwise

ChrisW

Lifer
Ok thanks a lot for the replies Adam and Franza!

Does anyone out there use a CAP or Exedy Organic clutch? I think its going to be one of these two but want to know your thoughts on them??? :)

Franza1

Ok thanks a lot for the replies Adam and Franza!

Does anyone out there use a CAP or Exedy Organic clutch? I think its going to be one of these two but want to know your thoughts on them??? :)

I think Rick uses the ORC one

ChrisW

Lifer
ORC one is going to be a bit expensive for me mate!

Im after thoughts on the Exedy Organic and CAP clutches.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I have an Exedy organic to be fitted but my damn standard 1 just refuses to die! Obviously needs more abuse! Doesn't really help you out though. I think the Exedy organics are good for around the 200bhp mark.

Franza1

I think your on about the same Exedy one i use, i never had any problems with it, but some people have, to be honest, if i was to do it again i'd save a bit if i could spare the time and my clutch was still drivable, but i had a HKS tripple plate Racing clutch and it was fantastic when you were going but i did alot of stop start driving for while and it wore out to the point where i couldn't come on boost without it slipping, i needed a clutch badly and was short of cash so i had to go for the cheeper option,

or chat to toby he can do you a TRD standard or Paddle clutch with an uprated TRD Clutch cover for around 285 for the standard or 360 for the Paddle, Much better option in my opinion as TRD don't usually fail or cause problems ( you may need to get a release bearing as i'm not sure weather it comes with them or not )

ChrisW

Lifer
Yea it must be the organic one then. Is the TRD clutch that you're on about a complete set up or just a few components of it??? I thought 285 was very cheap for TRD!

Anyone else has experience of the Exedy Organic or the CAP clutches???

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
Yea it must be the organic one then. Is the TRD clutch that you're on about a complete set up or just a few components of it??? I thought 285 was very cheap for TRD!

Anyone else has experience of the Exedy Organic or the CAP clutches???

you have to by the trd bits seperate.

i would go for the speedvision clutches, they seem to be the best priced and i havnt heard of any complaints.

ChrisW

Lifer
I was thinking that to be honest, I just hadn't heard anything from anyone about them.

What's the driveability like with a paddle clutch compared with an organic??

What are the differences??

Last edited: