Exhaust Choice ?? a little help please - Urgent !!

Topher-EP82

Member +
Hi guys,

My HKS Superdragger system fell apart the other night. About an inch away from the rear flange it has split through. rendering the mid pipe useless, i may sell the back box on..

I'm looking at systems to replace it and don't want to spend silly money, i just wnat something that will last untill i can afford another HKS or 5Zigen system.

i have found 2 that i like and seem a very resonable price but i wandered if anyone can shed any light on these.

they are for the EP91.. and are both Cat back systems..

1 - JapSpeed - http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Toyota-St...rlet-EP91-CAT-Back-Exhaust-System/p-27-1-749/ - Full price at £349 from Japspeed themselves.

But then here is the same system from Camskill for £285 ?? am i better off going through japspeed themselves.. ?? its quite a big saving TBH going through camskill.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m19b0s130...ss_Exhaust_System_-_Starlet_Turbo_EP91_Glanza

And then here is the 2nd system i found.

2 - JPerformance - £279... This system looks exactly like the Japspeed one.. Just the welds look a bit different ..
http://www.jperformance.co.uk/toyota-starlet-ep91-cat-back-exhaust-system-p-597.html

Can you guys shed any light on these. - are they infact the same system from different retailers. Which is the better company or the better exhaust - quality / fitment / tone / performance ??

Any help welcome as i will be ordering one of them tomorrow.. Is there any discount by being a member of ToyotaGtTurbo ??

Texx

Super Moderator
Bought the Japspeed exhaust from Camskill, for the money I wouldn't even look at anything else. The Japspeed is a better fit than the shite HKS exhaust it replaced, surprising seeing as the Japspeed system is bigger at 3".

Topher-EP82

Member +
the japspeed system is listed as 2.25 for mid pipe and 2.5 for back box..

Do you mean the Hks is a bad fit ?

is there a 3" japspeed avaiable ?

also how much on average is a custom exhuast from Zisco mid pipe and back box for an Ep91 ..

the 3 links above are all the same exhaust, id be going for the cheapest place mate and from what iv read/seen there a quality exhaust!

Texx

Super Moderator
the japspeed system is listed as 2.25 for mid pipe and 2.5 for back box..

is there a 3" japspeed avaiable ?

The EP82 system is 3", the Glanza obviously isn't mainly enough for that level of exhaust. :p

Do you mean the Hks is a bad fit ?

The thing would bang against the rear axle no matter what I did to try to prevent it, the back box rotted from the inside out and the whole lot eventually snapped at the welds.

Topher-EP82

Member +
Haha its great you say that texx.. i thought i was the only one to experience HKS down falls, there was me thinking they were top notch..

Over alot of bumps my Hks would make a " ping " sound when it hit the rear axle.. The silencing in the back box came out and i had to rip all the other metal wool stuff out of it.. and now the mid pipe has rotten through. exactly as you described lol.

thanks for the help guys.

Topher-EP82

Member +
i have a japspeed :) get it from camskill mine is 2.5" and then upto 3" to the back box

I'm guessing yours is for EP82 ? i'm hopefully going to get TD04 projects system of him .. then save up and go for a custom made zisco system :D

it would be a great idea if we could Archeive the different exhausts for EP82 and EP91 starlets.. for the past couple of days i've been trying to get to grips with whats on offer for the Starlets ( coming from the honda world where there are hundreds lol )

i found it hard to find videos of the exhaust sounds and found it hard to track down different exhausts..

Could it be a good idea to made a resource section for exhausts... listed in regards to Price / Fitment / Longlivety / Sound / Size / Power ... it would be great for others looking for new exhausts..

Last edited: