exhaust

crazygt

Member +
i have a standard gt wid a ct9 would a straight pipe increase HP or would a exhaust help also if i could have a few small tips to incrase HP

Dave.

Member +
Well, usual breathing modifications will always help, a quality mushroom filter or induction kit, as well a quality cat-back exhaust system (or, better yet a Turbo back exhaust).

Just make sure if you get a decat or a turbo back, it comes braced as the manifold won't be able to take the weight, and will be prone to cracking...

On another note, you could purchase a HKS actuator, and run SLIGHTLY more boost, mibbe 11-12 psi rather than the stock 9...

All three together should give a simple noticable increase mate :) and provide the solid base you'll need for any further mods (manifold, Front mount intercooler, even more boost, Fuel cut defender, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, standalone management etc etc...)

Dave (welcome to the site aswell!)

Edit - as 180kph said, a boost controller could also be used rather than a new actuator

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Well, usual breathing modifications will always help, a quality mushroom filter or induction kit, as well a quality cat-back exhaust system (or, better yet a Turbo back exhaust).

Just make sure if you get a decat or a turbo back, it comes braced as the manifold won't be able to take the weight, and will be prone to cracking...

On another note, you could purchase a HKS actuator, and run SLIGHTLY more boost, mibbe 11-12 psi rather than the stock 9...

All three together should give a simple noticable increase mate :) and provide the solid base you'll need for any further mods (manifold, Front mount intercooler, even more boost, Fuel cut defender, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, standalone management etc etc...)

Dave (welcome to the site aswell!)

Edit - as 180kph said, a boost controller could also be used rather than a new actuator

leave the air feed alone though until you get more power as the standard one is pretty good.

you in england ?

*welcome

Dave.

Member +
leave the air feed alone though until you get more power as the standard one is pretty good.

you in england ?

*welcome

lol, i knew someone would pick holes in it.

As said, they're the basic 3 mods you should start with - look any the majority of cars here, and they ALL have these mods :) also, there's a fair bit of money in them aswell, upwards of £500 i would imagine for good quality parts, so its a good solid base, you can't extract much power without these first.

crazygt

Member +
im from barbados lol im now used to this site ill have pics up soon ,well i have a boost control,foam air filter,hks blow off thats about it ,oo but people here say front only creates drag on the ct9 is that so?

Dave.

Member +
im from barbados lol im now used to this site ill have pics up soon ,well i have a boost control,foam air filter,hks blow off thats about it ,oo but people here say front only creates drag on the ct9 is that so?

If you get an FMIC fitted, you'll probably notice slightly more lag, but its only noticeable if you look for it, and you'll need one after a certain point, as the stock top mount isn't up to much - you don't want to feed you're car hot air :) (unless you try an RX-7 tmic or an ARC one :) )

Dave

GT-TD04

Supermoderator

oo but people here say front only creates drag on the ct9 is that so?
how do you mean?
yeah pics please:gt-smilie:
theres a few other on here from barbados

Dave.

Member +
oo but people here say front only creates drag on the ct9 is that so?
how do you mean?
yeah pics please:gt-smilie:
theres a few other on here from barbados

i guessed it was Lag (throught the extra piping) on a front mount intercooler...

looking forward to seeing the pics of yours mate :D

Dave

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
check the welcme section to upload pics,
you won't be thinking of lag after the boost comes on.
sorry dave didnt mean to pic hole in your post,habbit lol

Dave.

Member +
check the welcme section to upload pics,
you won't be thinking of lag after the boost comes on.
sorry dave didnt mean to pic hole in your post,habbit lol

yea, get the pics up, and spot on about the boost :D with a few simple mods you'll be clinging to the steering wheel :rockon:

Don't be silly about the holes lol, i'm sure i've done it before! :D we need mixed opinions to get a decent view of all the options ;)

Dave

TurboDave

Member +
most people upgrade to fmic and whack to boost upto 1bar with appropriate mods....so lag wont be an issue at all

Are you trying to imply that increasing boost pressure will decrease lag?

As for breathing mods the standard efi pipe is the most restrictive part on the entire car imo. If you take it off and have a look at the shape and restrictions in it you will understand you need to get rid of it.

Wild

Member +
On that note dave, you you know the diameter of the intake side of the turbo?

Think im going to try and get a 90degree samco that tapers from 2.5-whatever the intake size is.... or am I dreaming? lol

TurboDave

Member +
Off the top of my head I am not 100% but I am pretty sure its around 51mm.

Whats your current setup if your only in Swansea perhaps we could meet up and you can have a look at where my filter goes if it would help, its a 90 degree bend off the turbo and then into the bumper.

Dave

Wild

Member +
Dave,

I'm just running a standard 4e-fte in my paseo, with standard top mount. I'd be up for meeting to take a look... perhaps get a few more of the local boys to join us too. ;)