Exhausts - which better sounding - vids?

Sii

Member +
I'm going to order a new exhaust today but I wasn't sure which is better sounding, I'm looking for a beefier note without it droning on motorway speeds.

HKS Hi-Power Silent, Blue flame or Blitz Nur Spec?

I'm going to order it from TM Developments as they appear to be the only supplier listing exhausts!

Sii

Member +
it's going to be coupled to a standard block with TD04 and matched manifold and down pipe, EMB, EBC, runing around 1-1.3bar.

RobSR

Member +
i would go for the HKS, one of the best sounding ones for a starlet imo...cant go wrong with Dave either ;)

stuart

Member +
Nur Spec's sound sweet! Nice and deep... my exhaust is just well stupidly loud (Dont have a nur spec)

I have a Fujitsubo exhaust system and sounds normal at idle but when accelerating or at high revs it creates one of the best sound i've heard from a turbo car :) really like it

ChrisGT

Member +
My front exit sounds nice. Quite deep and bassy on idle/low revs, but screams like a bitch on boost. I do like it, but have had enough of it coming out the front. So going for a normal, rear exit one which should be pretty loud too!

munday

Member +
I think everyone is going to say 'I have a **** and its the best' :homer:

Get to a local meet and hear the different exhausts is your best bet

PS I have a HKS Hi Power and its the best :p

350ep70gr

Member +
My front exit sounds nice. Quite deep and bassy on idle/low revs, but screams like a bitch on boost. I do like it, but have had enough of it coming out the front. So going for a normal, rear exit one which should be pretty loud too!

I vote the front exit all the way.;)

Sii

Member +
I have ordered the the HKS Hi-Power Silent, I had the same exhaust on my Supercharged S2000, it sounded nice on there. So fingers crossed.

I used to have a 210bhp Renault 5 Turbo with a side exit on, it sounded like a tractor on smack! I loved it, but not for 3-4 hour motorway commutes.

350ep70gr

Member +
I have ordered the the HKS Hi-Power Silent, I had the same exhaust on my Supercharged S2000, it sounded nice on there. So fingers crossed.

I used to have a 210bhp Renault 5 Turbo with a side exit on, it sounded like a tractor on smack! I loved it, but not for 3-4 hour motorway commutes.

Noise can be controled by an extra throttle mate. (i think dylan has one..not sure tho)
But at the end of the day it is your choise to find something that suit you better!!
Chris

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
Im interested in getin a HKS Silent Hi-Power exhuast but im one off those people who dont like nothing to loud. Does anyone have a video off the sound while driveing

Last edited:
I would definatey suggest the HKS silent hi-power!!

I've just literally had one of these fitted (last weekend) and am so so impressed.
The exhaust note is lovely, a bit of a rumble at low revs, then at cruising speed its nice and quiet.. give it some beans and the exhaust sounds ace!!

I would also suggest having a word with MikeGlanzaV at monster motorsport. The service I received there was brilliant and they are competitively priced.

Also another point to make quickly. Although all the pictures shown by the traders make the exhaust out to be stainless steel backbox only, mild steel from there back this isn't the case. HKS have revised the design and the system is now FULLY stainless steel.

PS Dan if you wanted to know what the system sounds like first hand, feel free to pop over at the weekend and i'll take you out for a quick spin so you can judge for yourself. Obviously mine is on an EP82 but there will be negligable difference in sound

Last edited:

Duff

Member +
Nur spec or Daves ''Bur spec'' FTW! I have one on my glanza and it sounds lovely just driving around town etc not loud at all but on boost its roars. You also get a removable bung with it too if you ever want to quiet it down even more.

@Dan No worries mate, i'll probs not be around next weekend but im sure we can sort something. Just drop us a pm if you wanna pop over at some point

@montanajr That sounds lush lol, not sure what it would be like on motorways though, might be a case of relying on the old emergency ear plugs ;)