External wastegate on CT9 - Any help appriciated!

powerpod

Member +
Firstly hey all!

I've been thinking long and hard about this but just wanted other peoples thoughts.

Firstly, I would get the standard internal wastegate welded shut on the ct9? (anybody no were or who could do this for me would be a big help too!)

Next replace the manifold i have now, for an external wastegate manifold (zisco) then buy a wastegate obviously.

What else would i need to do, or would the above work, and completely remove boost creep issue's and run without a problem?

I also thought i could buy a hks adjustable actuator, and eventually up the boost to say around or just under 1 bar?

And comments or help would be sweet, and rep's will be given :)

Many thanks!

wickedep

Trader
hey mate..
the only thing you will need to purchase is the manifold (which you have sorted already) and the appropriate external w.gate that will fit it. yes you will need to have the stock internal w.gate flapper welded shut. there's no need to buy a hks adjustable actuator because now you have the external wastegate to do that job. so the internal w.gate comes off the turbo.

you may need to change you're intake into the turbo because some manifold dont alloy the use of the stock black Efi pipe. also if you have a fmic...you can rotate the compressor housing down thus reducing the length of the turbo>fmic piping very considerably(this will help you're response).

hope this helps..

sacha
wickedEP Racing

powerpod

Member +
hey mate..
the only thing you will need to purchase is the manifold (which you have sorted already) and the appropriate external w.gate that will fit it. yes you will need to have the stock internal w.gate flapper welded shut. there's no need to buy a hks adjustable actuator because now you have the external wastegate to do that job. so the internal w.gate comes off the turbo.

you may need to change you're intake into the turbo because some manifold dont alloy the use of the stock black Efi pipe. also if you have a fmic...you can rotate the compressor housing down thus reducing the length of the turbo>fmic piping very considerably(this will help you're response).

hope this helps..

sacha
wickedEP Racing

Awsome sacha! Defo give you some rep :)

Well, at the moment sacha all i have is an uprated s/s manifold, to suit the internal wastegate! Its brand new and not even been used yet, i was thinking about selling it and buying a external manifold, (maybe even one of yours, ive seen the ct9 power up package you do!!)
I do have a FMIC dude, not sure of the make tho, came on the car! So whats the best plan to get the external wastegate to fit? Do you do the adaptered fmic piping? Although im not sure of the make of the fmic?

Pm me if you like sacha,

Many thanks!

durmz

Member +
sacha has nailed it dude.

getting your wastegate welded up, any old mechanics place will do that man. when you buy an ext wastegate it will have a spring in it that will control boost to the pressure of the spring. you would want a 0.6 bar spring most likely. If you want to raise the boost above this youd also need a boost controller, either electronic or a tee could do the job.

my opinion, ide just go td04 as it wouldnt cost much more, you already have a fmic

powerpod

Member +
sacha has nailed it dude.

getting your wastegate welded up, any old mechanics place will do that man. when you buy an ext wastegate it will have a spring in it that will control boost to the pressure of the spring. you would want a 0.6 bar spring most likely. If you want to raise the boost above this youd also need a boost controller, either electronic or a tee could do the job.

my opinion, ide just go td04 as it wouldnt cost much more, you already have a fmic

Why a 0.6 bar spring dude? Could surely got to 0.8 no problems without needing a boost controller? Whats a tee?

Yeah tdo4, true :/

Phil

wickedep

Trader
you cannot run lower boost than the spring preassure. so if you can 0.6bar spring..you can run a minimum of 0.6bar and nothing less. if you get a 0.8bar spring..you can run a minimum of 0.8bar boost..nothing less even if you want. cheers

vick

Member +
you cannot run lower boost than the spring preassure. so if you can 0.6bar spring..you can run a minimum of 0.6bar and nothing less. if you get a 0.8bar spring..you can run a minimum of 0.8bar boost..nothing less even if you want. cheers

if u ve a 1.2 bar spring can u run 1 bar boost or u cant run less tht 1.2bar if u used a boost controller can bring the boost down or nt
thanks vick

billybob

Untrusted Seller
if u ve a 1.2 bar spring can u run 1 bar boost or u cant run less tht 1.2bar if u used a boost controller can bring the boost down or nt
thanks vick

eh no you cant lol 1.2 bar spring will let you run 1.2 bar and higher no lower you should be on corrolla site lad now lol