Externel wastegate on speedvision td04l manifold>

Garci

Member +
Thinking on setting up my td04l to run external wastegate : is it prossible to make a hole in the front of the manifold (facing front grill) and get a flange welded on or will it crack??
its a black speedvision td04l 3mm mild steel manifold.

Last edited:

churcherj

Member +
Thinking on setting up my td04l to run external wastegate : is it prossible to make a hole in the front of the manifold (facing front grill) and get a flange welded on or will it crack??
its a black speedvision td04l 3mm mild steel manifold.

you could probably weld one on, not sure how strong it would be though, depends how well its welded, you can buy the externally gated td04 manifolds direct from speedvision now, its a straight swap for the internally gated ones, was thinking of doing it myself, drop SAM a PM

Garci

Member +
oh really? i just got some parts from him 2days ago. if it can be welded would go tht route . will check his site out or pm him l8r get wot price range.

churcherj

Member +
oh really? i just got some parts from him 2days ago. if it can be welded would go tht route . will check his site out or pm him l8r get wot price range.

ye he does do an externally gated manifold now, i would give that a shot, would be stronger than doing it yourself i would say.

weeJohn

Lifer
It can be drilled and a flange welded on to make it externally compatable.

Do it where the runners all meet in the collector above the turbo flange, not off one of the runners.