F/S: Bolt-on Starlet EP82/91 front twin-pot brakes conversion kit

Pumba_GT

Member +
For sale: Twin-pot front brakes conversion kit for Toyota Starlet EP82/91 model year 1989-1999.

Item Condition: Second hand, good condition, never fitted, repainted in gold with calliper paint (could be done properly if I wire brush to clean the deposit on the callipers). One of the piston seal has a 2cm tear (refer to pics below) but it doesn’t affect its performance (have seen the condition worse than that from my previous Cyborg-R where the brakes still function perfectly).

Price and price conditions: £225 local pick-up or + delivery.

Extra Info: This is a set of twin-pot conversion kit that comes with the following:

2 x thick brake carriers from a 2004 Toyota which have been planed 3mm to bolt straight to the Starlet hubs.

2 x twin-port callipers from a 2004 Toyota (same with the Levin twin-pot).

2 x 276mm x 28mm bigger and thicker used brake discs, centre bore = 55mm, redrilled to 4 x 100PCD.

2 x 3mm discs spacers to be placed behind the bigger disc (no longer studs are required)

Other bits such as used pads and pad clips are included.

I made up this brakes conversion kit by my-self. It took me ages to source the correct disc, carriers and callipers for my 1993 EP82. All measurements were taken accurately from trial fits before I sent those items for proper planing and drilling from a local Engineering Machining Company. This kit bolts straight on without any hassle.

My intention is to fit this kit to my EP82 as the standard brakes are bad. However, I have sold the car before this kit was made to complete (awaiting spacers). It won’t fit onto my 4 pot callipers of my new ride (ST205) now, LOL…

Regarding the 2cm tear on the piston seal, if you really after a perfect condition brake, the brake repair kit can be bought from Toyota or any motor factor at cheap price (maybe £5 for a new seal). I consider it is not necessary as the callipers are from a 2004 Toyota, which only had been used for less than 5 years old.

Pictures:
DSC01915.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

DSC01918.jpg

DSC01922.jpg

There is a 2cm tear on one of the piston seal of the calliper below.
DSC01920.jpg

DSC01919.jpg

DSC01923.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

DSC01924.jpg

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

Contact Details: U2U, Email: Justin_IMC@yahoo.com or txt me on 07921 219881

Location: M1 Junction 14, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK.

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: These things are heavy (approx. 20kg). However, courier can be arranged at buyer's cost (£25ish).

Last edited:

Pumba_GT

Member +
Yeah Dun, got the spacers from you. I am thinking to keep this kit as I pressume that I might come back to the Starlet again in the near future. However, I just bought my second car - 2002 Daihatsu YRV this weekend. Thought I better put this kit on sale for forum members whoever is looking for a brake upgrade.

Looks like you've put alot of time and effort into building up the kit but those calipers aint from a 2004 Rav4. I work on them every day and NEVER seen twin pots on a Rav that age. Sure they aint camry or mr2's or something?

Pumba_GT

Member +
If I remembered correctly the callipers were from a 2004 Rav 4 model. That's what the scrap guy told me, and I did notice that there is some writing written on them. Something like 04 D4D. Thought Rav4 has D4D engine, or it might be the Avensis D4D? Don't get me wrong. I found these lying on the ground of my local scrap yard. It was attached to the hubs and discs. You can literally see the D4D written on 1 of the discs which the callipers were attached to. Hope this help.
It's definately not from rev 2 MR-2 as I have measured the carriers and they won't fit.

Pumba_GT

Member +
so will these fit str8 on my 91 and dose it come with pads?

It doesn't clear my Sparco 14" when I trial fit it. But someone said that some 14" might fit on without any problem. If the EP91 brakes are the same with the EP82 (which I pretty sure they are the same), then yeah, it will fit straight on EP91. Used pads are to come with this kit as shown in the pic above.
:):):)

Pumba_GT

Member +
Spoonz, I think the callipers are from an 2004 Avensis D4D, not RAV-4, as someone has pointed out in the earlier post. You need to measure the dimensions on the standard pads (breadth and width) and they will give you the correct new pads. Easy peasy mate.