Factory LSD driveshafts

Chris_14a

Member +
I have just fitted a factory LSD gearbox to my car and when I came to fit the right hand one it seems to be to short. It is the Same length as the lefthand one I was just wondering if this is rite or if it should be slightly longer. Cheers Chris

dac69er

Super Moderator
i think they are pretty similar length on the factory lsd box. how short is it? maybe you got the two shafts the wrong way round or something?

I had a factory non lsb box and shafts in my glanza. . . . I bought a starlet gt lsd box and shafts .....when I set the starlet shafts beside my glanza shafts one of the starlet shafts was slightly shorter..cant remember which one tho..maybe u have the same problem

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
standardbox drivers side shaft is longer then passenger side factory lsdbox drivers side is bout same length as passengers side if not bit longer

Oh shit..i thought maybe starlet gt shafts wer shorter and didnt relise it had anything to do with the lsd so I put the longer glanza drive side shaft in with my lsd box..it fitted fine but there is a noise coming from driver side shaft, havent investigated, possibly cv joint or mayb because I put in the longer shaft...ps sorry to jack the thread but we are sorta on the same topic

corofin12345

Member +
Oh shit..i thought maybe starlet gt shafts wer shorter and didnt relise it had anything to do with the lsd so I put the longer glanza drive side shaft in with my lsd box..it fitted fine but there is a noise coming from driver side shaft, havent investigated, possibly cv joint or mayb because I put in the longer shaft...ps sorry to jack the thread but we are sorta on the same topic

you sure its a oem lsd gearbox you have? is the lsd on the outside of the box on drivers side

Chris_14a

Member +
Yeah it is definatly the factory LSD box as it has the different rear mount and it looks completely different to my old box :). The shafts I have are exactly the same length both sides chris

Galen

Lifer
If its an lsd box there should be a shorter shaft, like this pic
images

corofin12345

Member +
Yeah it is definatly the factory LSD box as it has the different rear mount and it looks completely different to my old box :). The shafts I have are exactly the same length both sides chris

sorry didnt quote you, was the bloke above my last post, as galen said, the drivers side drive shaft that comes with the factory lsd box is shorter than a drivers side drive from a standard box... you may have 2 passenger side drives

corofin12345

Member +
I think I must have because mine are both the same length. Were am I ment to get one of them lol

not been smart but good luck with that one, they are harder to find then the lsd box itself... put up a wanted thread on here looking for one, ud never know, here in ireland they are hard got anyway