fan belt

gazzagareth

Member +
can anyone tell me how to fit a fan belt to a 96 glanza??
and does a fan belt for a starlet fit a glanza??
also
if your looking at the engine the two belts on the left.. its the smallest one at the bottom came of , is this definatly the fan belt??
not to car minded so keep it simple lol

Jay

Admin
Loosen off the PAS pump, this will let you remove the front belt. Loosen off the alternator, this will let you remove the rear belt. Just tension the belts back up after replacing them. A set of belts will cost around £14 from Colin Adams in Ards (Ask for Mark).

Jay

gazzagareth

Member +
Loosen off the PAS pump, this will let you remove the front belt. Loosen off the alternator, this will let you remove the rear belt. Just tension the belts back up after replacing them. A set of belts will cost around £14 from Colin Adams in Ards (Ask for Mark).

Jay

cheers mate..its the rear one i need to replace. i bought a fan belt for a starlet today from car parts in mallusk.. is this the wrong belt?
will it need to b an altanator belt i need to buy??

Jay

Admin
Aye, the rear one is the alternator belt (commonly referred to as the fan belt). You will need to remove the front one to remove/refit the rear one. Hope you aren't doing it on the ground outside mate as you'll need to attack it from below.

gazzagareth

Member +
Aye, the rear one is the alternator belt (commonly referred to as the fan belt). You will need to remove the front one to remove/refit the rear one. Hope you aren't doing it on the ground outside mate as you'll need to attack it from below.

the cars in the workshop in work so wont be to bad.. cheers for your help ill have a crack at tomorrow
fanx for the help lads