fan on all the time

stedee

Member +
hi guys
yep my fan is on all the time - i did the de aircon job a bit ago now
i have connected that sensor on the right by the fusebox, i thought that was whaT caused it, i`m sure the fan wasnt on b4, is there anything else to look out 4

btw it comes on as soon as i start the car

thanx in advance

Craig

Lifer
The connector on the right normally has 4 pins. Just get a piece of wire and bridge it between the 2 opposite pins. Trial and error to get the correct 2. Only a 50% chance you'll get it wrong first time so shouldn't take long lol.

stedee

Member +
nah that doesnt work - no go - jo

ive tried disconnecting all the wires around the stat - fan still on

temp reading in the car - normal and temp on my powerfc - normal

confused.com

stedee

Member +
i`m thinking something that sends the signal to the rad as gone , i presume one of the wires around the stat is a switch to the rad, but like i said i disconnected them all .

Rory

Lifer
or just have it on all the time.. nothing wrong with it on non stop :)

Wrong again.

Your engine has to run at an operating temperature that works.
To cold and it will not let the oil or water up to operating temp, therefor having premeture engine wear.

Take the plug from the aircon lines and plug it back in.

27213402931.jpg

stedee

Member +
thats how ive had it mate but fan is on ,ive tried shorting the connectors together aswell still on and yes i agree the fan isnt good to be on all the time

Rory

Lifer
Check all the connectors atr the thermostat housing.
Im sure if one of them is off, the fan will be on all the time.

Fishy89GT

Banned
Wrong again.

ive never had any problems and neither have all the people ive known who've run the fan on all the time... :confused:

and what else have i been wrong on then? bit of a stament with anything to back it up..

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
ive never had any problems and neither have all the people ive known who've run the fan on all the time... :confused:

and what else have i been wrong on?

I corected you the other day with information you gave out wrong.

Your car will never be at the optimum operating temp, therefor premature engine wear.

Fishy89GT

Banned
no dan mate lol, rory seems to have a pop everytime i say something.. well thats how he makes it out to be lol.. he originally started when i said the fuel and ignition table specs of a uni chip wouldnt be that good especailly compared with other ecu's.. thats all lol.. :)

and i cant honestly see how much difference a fan is going to make when your doing 50/ 60 / 70 mph with that speed of air hitting your rad whilst driving.. just my opinion though.. of course lol

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28330

stedee

Member +
the prob with the fan running is it makes the warm up time longer making that time where the oil isnt upto correct temp longer aswell, thats all really, nothing devastating but long term your engine isnt gonna last as long

thechomper

Member +
could be the rad fan switch ,or a bad earth on the thermo housing,when i say bad earth have you changed the thermo housing bolts ,i changed mine to a shorter bolt after rouding one of ,it took me 6 months to fix the problem,as the bolts earth of the engine

this is the fan switch marked with the red circle in the picture ,if you can get in contact with sxturbo(Ricky)he will give you a after market part number ,only costs a couple of quid from a motor factors and that should sort it ,hope that helps mate
thermo2.jpg