Fault code 31

Johnny_C

Lifer
done a diagnostic check and its firing up fault code 31,the car has a bit of a missfire,but i was wondering would my emanage ultimate throw this up?
code 31 is AFS/MAP

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
i had the same code and turned out to be the king lead, try plugs and leads they are usually the first port of call with a missfire. Check for the usual moister, worn exposed wires, the boots and the connections on the end

Johnny_C

Lifer
i had the same code and turned out to be the king lead, try plugs and leads they are usually the first port of call with a missfire. Check for the usual moister, worn exposed wires, the boots and the connections on the end
all new lad,theres a bare wire showing at the connection for the map sensor where the plug is,will put on a new plug 2mro,hope that solves it.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
well with the scoop still on your car i'd check the plugs for water anyway just to elimate it, it's a 2 second job should be easy out

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
the emu sometimes fucks up & ull hit fuel cut, dont ask me why, but it wont show up on a datalog, it just happens, but id check that connection just in case its earthing bud :)

if ur getting a mis-fire then ud have code 12 bud.. ur misfire could be ur plugs not at the correct heat range.

kon

Johnny_C

Lifer
the emu sometimes fucks up & ull hit fuel cut, dont ask me why, but it wont show up on a datalog, it just happens, but id check that connection just in case its earthing bud :)

if ur getting a mis-fire then ud have code 12 bud.. ur misfire could be ur plugs not at the correct heat range.

kon
but im not getting code 12,its 31,and the idle is pretty low too.:homer:

Phil

Super Moderator
missing coming on boost a while back, it wasnt till chris had his head under the bonnet one day that he noticed it was leaking.

Phil

Mike_ep91

Member +
it could be a faulty king lead or any of the other leads could be spit or the dizzy cap or rotor arm?have you checked your plugs yet?

Johnny_C

Lifer
it could be a faulty king lead or any of the other leads.have you checked your plugs yet?
all leads are new,checked the plugs,they look fine and the gap is the same on all.im starting to think injectors,but according to the egt gauge its not running lean.

TO82

Member +
Sorry for hijacking your thread Johnny :p but what code is, Flash 0.5 second break flash 0.25 second break flash.

Is it Code 12 or 21? :homer: