Fenix civic radiator

gtevi

Member +
Hey guys, has anyone used the Fenix civic rad & fan shroud kit.
RACE1015-FA42M-BL, FAN1015-BL
I'm guessing it's 42mm not sure if it single or dual core. They do it in all black so would suit the look I'm going for.
My 94 gt is pretty much stock at this stage with modest mods in the future.

i don't like to detract members from their goals/desires,,,but that's a comparably hefty price for the 42mm (possibly dual core//2 row)

alternatively, may be you can consider purchasing the 52mm radiator (triple core// 3 row) from ebay/shop at a cheaper price, or the same 42mm radiator if that's your preference, a can of black spray paint and spraying a few very light coats of paint over it till you get the desired color...and attaching a 14" fan directly on to the core with the plastic straps or custom brackets

i don't know how much advantage/disadvantage the shroud would give versus the fan directly on to the core...may be other members can weigh in on that

SKINY

Lifer
I got a triple core of ebay for 65£ a few years ago, then just cable tied a 12 inch slim fan on it, no shroud, that's just unacceptable extra weight lol

i bought my triple core on ebay for around US$60/US70 iirc...i went with a 14" fan as i live in a hot climate and it was the largest fan that i could fit directly on to the core...it takes up a large percentage of the core too, so not much room was left for a shroud anyways...lol

shroud design/flow may be worth considering if going with one

gtevi

Member +
So peoples experiences with ebay rads are good?? I don't want to have to replace the thing in 2 yrs because I bought low quality
The Fenix rad and shroud are around $530aud but, they have them on ebay for $999aud which I think is just a stock or lack of stock thing.

SKINY

Lifer
So peoples experiences with ebay rads are good?? I don't want to have to replace the thing in 2 yrs because I bought low quality
The Fenix rad and shroud are around $530aud but, they have them on ebay for $999aud which I think is just a stock or lack of stock thing.
Yea it costs them to remove the listing but nothing to change to details, price etc I'm told

Given your in OZ I would get a triple core, I drove mine like a twat daily and didn't see the guage go above a 3rd :)

yeah, no issues to report and its been in the car for a while now
definitely much better cooling over the stock one
if you're from a hot region, I'd suggest the 3/triple core 52mm version and 14" fan---a 12" will work, but the 14" covers a larger area, which may be useful in hotter climates during traffic and spirited drives

Last edited: