Few 5E questions...

Ooomoo

Member +
Hey guys i know this has been covered before but can someone answer a few questions for me :)

What power would a standard built 5e with a ct9 turbo running 1bar, air filter, decat, head porting, ported wastegate produce? ruffly :p

Would running this setup with a jam fcd and fpr be safe enuff?

Cheers :)

Idrees

Banned
Yes it would be safe on those mods as long as the RRFPR is set up properly.

On the 4EFTE 1 bar on the CT9 makes around 170-190. So maybe 200 on a 5E?

Idrees

Banned
Could be, not too sure. The turbo will probably respond faster, even though the CT9 responds fast enough anyway! And it will make more torque due to the extra CC.

Ooomoo

Member +
yeah i reckon its going to be a rite handful muhahahahahahah!! lol..

cheers for the info bud :) think u got a few bits of my brother (madman on starlet club)

Ooomoo

Member +
yeah sorry guys its a 5e turbo build im doing with 4e pistons, soz for the confusion :slap:

i know every cars different but is there a ruff bhp and torque i should see?

cant wait to be honest and its a standard build, just wait for the forged build WHOOP WHOOP!!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Has it got the 5EFHE cams? I'd reckon between 15-20hp more than a 4E but thats a complete stab in the dark.

What power would a standard built 5e with a ct9 turbo running 1bar produce? ruffly :p

hey boss.,...no disrespect intended:cool:....but i think that is a BAD idea right there....and i did not see u mention an uprated exhaust manifold, FMIC and complete exhaust system (the decat PLUS the rest---i know u have a decat)

the STOCK ct9 at 1 bar on a 5e is basically a waste of time......

here's what to do....try the 5efte ct9 at 5 psi, then 9 psi ..then 12 psi...then 1 bar and then compare the results (feeling of the car if u dont use a dyno) and see if u get what i'm saying:cool:

do your 5efte engine a favor and get a bigger turbo.....as the STOCK ct9 wont be much use over 10 psi:cool:---even then it struggles in the higher rpm

Ooomoo

Member +
the 5e cams are slightly better, not much but a little lol
this is more a build to see how i get on with it, the forged build will have all the toys onit, but for now a fairly stock 5e with a ct9 it is..