Finaly my build

grum-glanza

Member +
Right i've been realy interested in seen what people think of my efforts at tuning my car right so we will get stuck in.
engine:
evo td04l turbo
Custom spec cp pistons
lola steel rods (masive)
malhle clevite race bearings
550 cc injectors
uprated oil pump
something done to water pump aswell cant remember
greedy oil cooler with relocation for filter
block bored honed and cross lined
head has three angle valve cut
zep 2mm headgasket
toyota full engine gasket kit

tranmission:
cynos gearbox worst choice ever way too short but did yet it for 50 quid:p
lighted flywheel
race spec exedy gt4 clutch disk and 7000nm pressure plate

suspension:
bc rm coilovers
whiteline anti lift kit
power flex engine mounts
rear strut bar
c piller strut bar
and the one under the bonnet

brakes:
xyz 6pot calipers in anodised gold
286mm disks
braided lines
race pads from xyz

electronics:
three prosport gauges oil temp, oil pressure and boost
apexi avcr black edition
greedy emanage blue with 5 bar map sensor

interior:
two subaru wrx seats
double din radio with everything on it gps,tv,internet....
standard mats, stearing wheel and gear knob

pic:

piston3.jpg

piston2.jpg

mypistons.jpg

leads2.jpg

head5.jpg

oilcooler3.jpg

head3.jpg

engine.jpg

crank3.jpg

block8.jpg

conrod.jpg

conrod3.jpg

conrod2.jpg

conrod4.jpg

conrod5.jpg

conrod8.jpg

arp3.jpg

arp.jpg

brakes.jpg

brakes5.jpg

PA080101.jpg

PA080138.jpg

PA080135.jpg

PA080130.jpg

PA080109.jpg

PA080103.jpg

PA080095.jpg

PA080100.jpg

Right so thats my effort what do ya think
plan this year is to change the turbo to gt2835 or 2860 with 2 bar of boost get a diff in the box and just drive. A lot of time money and effort has gone into it, its treated like a baby always seriveced regulary

Last edited:

mitchracer

Member +
Nice build mate, what sort of power did you make on that setup using the emanage blue? Was hoping you'd have some nice pics of the engine bay at the bottom of the page, love seeing how people have decorated their bay

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
coming together nicely man nice car to move aswell :) two things i would change though lol that ecu must be holding you back and the piping in the intercooler would piss me off hanging below the bumper ha ha

definitely a sleeper too :)

coming together nicely man nice car to move aswell :) two things i would change though lol that ecu must be holding you back and the piping in the intercooler would piss me off hanging below the bumper ha ha

splitter would hide that nicely

weeJohn

Lifer
Nice spec, some great parts in there. Can I ask you what compression ratio the engine is with the dished pistons and 2mm head gasket?

grum-glanza

Member +
Nice build mate, what sort of power did you make on that setup using the emanage blue? Was hoping you'd have some nice pics of the engine bay at the bottom of the page, love seeing how people have decorated their bay
to be honest im embarressed to show the engine bay at this time the rocker cover gasket has split the there is a bit oil around the place but i hope to get around to sorting out the look of it soon i'll get pics up when i do

grum-glanza

Member +

you and that ecu you have never liked it but at the moment its doing fine its fueling it grand only running a bar at the moment the turbo is kinda on the way out the intercooler piping isn't too bad i like the fact i have never seen another starlet intercooler like it. it looks a bit dopey tho i have to have the front rasied up cos i had to put 20mm spacers on to fit the wheels over the brakes and if i lower it, it will catch the arch

grum-glanza

Member +
Nice spec, some great parts in there. Can I ask you what compression ratio the engine is with the dished pistons and 2mm head gasket?

i think it is running 8.5:1 im not 100 percent sure cos i was running a 1.4 mm gasket up to the last min it got changed to the 2mm

Tanz

Lifer
very nice build and great spec,,one to keep a watch on i say..

Look forward to reading and seeing more on her...:)