Fitting Quadheadlights

Brett-GT

Member +
Bit of a strange question this.I have recently obtained a set of quadheadlights.I presumbed after having seen the conversion done many times that it would be "fairly" straightforward.However as with most things in life problems have arisen.

First off my car is an ep82 "h" reg 1990 model so the original shape with the light up gt badge on the back.Took my car to have the lights fitted last week and the bloke informed me that there is no where to secure the quadheadlights.Now i thought he was just being difficult as ive seen the conversion done before , however on closer investigation i have only ever seen the conversion done on 1992 mk1's onwards.

This got my wondering did they change something from the 1989 model mk1 for the second edition mk1 (the one without the green gt badge if you get my drift) which allows the quadheadlights to be fitted relatively easily.

Cheers in advance for any help

Brett

Idrees

Banned
Ad's car was a 1990 H Reg (I think) and that had Quadlamps fitted, so it is possible. I think it requires some angle grinding mate! ;)

liamgtturbo

Member +
quadlights

as far as im aware quadlights can be fitted to earlier gt turbos, but there is a bit of grinder and modding to do, but should be straight forward. anyone no where to get quadlights or even eye lids.
thanks liam

Jay

Admin
To fit quadlamps to the older mk1 and mk2 EP82's you will need to modify the buckles the lamps attach to. Means cutting a bit out of them from what I've seen.

Jay

Admin
where can i buy a set of these and how much would you be talking for them.
thanks
liam

Secondhand is the normal way to acquire them Liam. Jap auctions and ebay are common sources and occassionally traders on here will have a set. Expect to pay around £150-250 depending on condition. That should cover the grille too as it's different to the early models.

Cheers,

Jay

liamgtturbo

Member +
quad lights

did my conversion on saturday on a 1990 gt. Great job but u need to be mechanically minded it involves alot of modifin to fit but looks great with the green gt badge an front lights make it the best front an rear end for a gt. Had a problem with the wiring as wel but finally got them goin. Personally its alot of hassle but its worth it thanks liam

HorwathBence

Member +
Anyone knows, that is there any difference btween GT s and non Gt s headlamps (spite that modifications posted above)
As i see the hud s arent the same (not just the scope)
thx

John89

Fresh Recruit
It can definately be done, my 91 GT has quad lights fitted and also had the green light up GT badge at the back, as said I think its a good combination the best front and rear for them imo