Fluttery when bliping the throttle

jimmer

Member +
Hi folks, jay has been doing his usual amazing job getting my motor running again, so about to try for the mot, although, one thing that worries me, is once the car has warmed up it flutters a bit when i blip the throttle, stalling it and hard to start again the odd times. Now a bit of background info, the car was tuned with a hybrid, boost controller etc but now the car is totally standard apart from walbro fuel pump, hks fcd and an fse fuel pressure regulator. The car has been off the road for a year, so has no tax or mot for us to set the regulator with the wide band on the road, so not sure what the air fuel ratio currently is. The car starts an idles an revs happily enough once warm, just a bit fluttery as i said once you start to rev it. Ihad thought it was the mixture being too rich, but it is running less fuel pressure than before an never got fluttery, so i had thought about changing plugs or leads, but they seem fine an don't wanna change them if it is something totally different lol.
I know i have rambled as usual, but tried to give all the info but any help would be class, cheers

Jay

Admin
We need to set her back to stock fuel pressure, check the timing and set the idle buddy. Once it's back to stock we can troubleshoot from there. :)

Jay

jimmer

Member +
im just a bit worried that it will fail mot cause the fuelling is well out. Or that this might not be fuelling causing the flutteryness lol.

GT_Chris

Member +
Well if its over fueling it will fails its MOT mate cause mind did on emissions and it was way over what they should be, mines over fueling some how, even though my cars got no sort of adjustable FPR :S