front passenger brake is jamming on. glanza v need help asap

leeg22

Member +
my front passenger brake is jamming on ive changed the caliper still the same. feels like the preesure in the line going to tht caliper is not releasing. as im driving u can feel it pulling to left then when u brake the passenger side is braking first or locks up causing it to pull to left. anyone one got any ideas?? hoping to sort it for one last local meet on sunday cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would strip it down, clean it and rebuild it and then bleed the lot. but it would be advisable to overhaul both calipers at the same time if possible.

leeg22

Member +
forgot to say tht ive already done this along with grease sliders, filed bit off pads so nice and free, and bleed all the brakes and changed fluid,. old caliper was seized solid fitted the new one works fine and can b pushed back manually without any effort. gonna try changing the brake line if tht dont work then master cylinder i think

weeJohn

Lifer
If the line is letting pressure down then it should let it back, I would say the master cylinder if the pads are not sticking on the sliders.

leeg22

Member +
If the line is letting pressure down then it should let it back, I would say the master cylinder if the pads are not sticking on the sliders.

yeah i know its weird, its letting the pressure down but not letting it back up keep it on. wondering if it could be the joiner for tht brake pipe.

Is the brake pedal at the same height as the clutch pedal?

yeah is so.

Rob H

Member +

This is not all ways the case I have had it many times befor. The pipe deteriorates in side and starts to work like a one way valve. Cos there is a lot of pressure used to put the brake on it works fine but when you take your foot off the brake the only thing that makes the brake release again is the seal on the piston and that has no force to push past the blockage.

leeg22

Member +
This is not all ways the case I have had it many times befor. The pipe deteriorates in side and starts to work like a one way valve. Cos there is a lot of pressure used to put the brake on it works fine but when you take your foot off the brake the only thing that makes the brake release again is the seal on the piston and that has no force to push past the blockage.

inside the flex pipe or the brake line from master cylinder??

Rob H

Member +
I would change the pair of em for what they cost if one has failed the other won't be far off.