Fuel cut, what shoud i do next?

hga05

Member +
Recently my set up was a HKS filter and fmic and that seemed to boost to 7psi. Ive just fitted a decat and blitz copy exhaust and now goin to 10ish psi, and sometimes suddenly stops, am i right to assume fuel cut is around 11psi?

The question is, wat should i do next. Does every option involve goin on a rolling road? Im i right in thinkin the only options are a FCD and safc or a emanage. Ideally would like to get this sorted for minimal cost but dont want to waste money buying something that a may change soon. Also possibly considering td04 in the future, Thanks for any help
Harry

MentaLEP91

Member +
imo get an emanage blue or ultimate (depends on your budget) and you'll be safe and sound even for a td04 in the future ;) it may costs a little more than an fcd or safc but it ll do the job better and safer (depending on the programmer)

GTdan

In The Closet
yep sounds like fuel cut!!

Cheapest way is FCD - £50, rrfpr £50 - this will bypass fuel cut but will still creep.

Reason say a rolling road is that they will have a wideband there so they can sort your fuelling out to make sure its spot on - some companies ie tuning developments will be able to set it up for you too but not on the rollers. Widebands are around £200+ to buy....

2 other options are to port the waste gate, as its small wastegate on the ct9 that cant cope with the increased flow - doesnt cost anything and can do it yourself if your good with your hands and have the tools - ie a dremel and spanners.
other option is turn boost down and control right foot.

hga05

Member +
thanks for the info guys. How can i turn the boost down from stock? The only way i know to do this is with low boost mode which is only 5psi. It doesnt seem to reached fuel cut as easy now ive fitted the silencer but still does it. Wat sort of boost is safe to run with just a fcd before it leans the engine too much.

Fatman

Member +
What size is your exhaust?

As has previously been mentioned, you're experiencing boost creep due to the stock wastegates inability to cope with large increases in flow (intake and exhaust in your case)

As you remove backpressure in your exhaust your internal wastegate becomes much less effective. Porting it (well) would likely solve your issue and give you a more stable boost figure. The other thing that may help is an uprated actuator as the stock one is less than precise beyond the factory specifications.

a FPR/FCD is significantly cheaper in the short term, but a proper management solution (and tune) will result in more power/less fuel consumption and the ability to modify much further in the future.