Fuel pump wire from stock harness?: instaling a link g3

goldenvtr

Member +
Im struggling to find the wire that controllers the fuel pump

1994 GT:
ive made a new engine harness for my link g3 which is 90% complete now.
ive found the relay in the dash above the glove box which has a blue/white wire which turns the fuel pump on with 12v but is there a pin at the stock ecu i can splice into? cant see one in the many diagrams i have mentioning fuel pump.

failing that i dont mind running a wire straight to the fuel pump connector plug but which wire would need to be used to activate the relay and not a direct 12v to the pump?

All im waiting on now is some shielded wire for my VR sensor (crank) and to wire in the fuel pump then hopefully i can get it fired up.

Feel free to suggest or post your own installs

:)

dac69er

Super Moderator
On my alarm, the wire for the fuel pump that is cut into is on a small multiplug behind the plastic cover by your right foot , drivers side.

goldenvtr

Member +
On my alarm, the wire for the fuel pump that is cut into is on a small multiplug behind the plastic cover by your right foot , drivers side.

awesome, ill check that out tomorrow, don't suppose you know the colour of the wire?....

gd point on the alarm too, been needing to fit my immobiliser relay

dac69er

Super Moderator
if I get back at a decent time tonight I can have a look. but i only have my mk1 to hand so might be a different colour wire.

5e colin

Member +
its the white/bleu wire if im not mistaken on ur right footpannel there is 2 plugs there but its eay to see wich runs to the rear

bongskag

Member +
+1 colin , its part of the rear wiring loom. found it on golden VTR's link , loads of pins for all the stuff in the back ;)

244w2e1.jpg

connector 30 :
Pin Wire Colour Function
1 Red-Blue From ‘Instrument/Dash’ Fuse
2 Green-Black Left Indicator ‘TL’
3 Green-Yellow Right Indicator ‘TR’
4 Green-Yellow Unknown – From C-63& C-82
5 Red-Yellow N/C to Engine Bay Loom
6 Yellow-Red Handbrake Ground
7 Black Demister Power
8 Green Rear Park Lights ‘T’
9 Green-Red (2Dot) Unknown – From C-63& C-82
10 Blue-White Fuel Pump
11 Green-White Rear Brake Lights
12 Red-Black Reverse Light
13 Blue-Red N/C to Engine Bay Loom
14 Yellow-Black Low Fuel Warning Signal
15 Yellow-Blue Fuel Level Signal
16 Blue Rear wiper power
17 Blue-Black Rear Wiper – Slow speed
18 Blue-Yellow Rear Wiper – Intermittent
19 Green-Red (1Dot) N/C to Engine Bay Loo

5e colin

Member +
hey guys the black yellow wire on mine for low feul warning dont work ever but when i disconnect the wire the light comes on ??????????????
is my senser in the tank fekkerd ????

weeJohn

Lifer
Those lights usually work by the supply voltage running to the light and the other side running to a switch to connects it to earth, making the circuit and lighting the light. Its very odd that it only comes on when the wire is removed, to me that would suggest that there is a short in that wire between the dash and the sender, but the fact that when the switch is connected it removes the short puzzles me.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Those lights usually work by the supply voltage running to the light and the other side running to a switch to connects it to earth, making the circuit and lighting the light. Its very odd that it only comes on when the wire is removed, to me that would suggest that there is a short in that wire between the dash and the sender, but the fact that when the switch is connected it removes the short puzzles me.

it could be failsafe, so if the cable became damaged or the connection wasnt good it would bring the fuel light on? i havnt looked myself, but it would make sense for it to be wired like that.

5e colin

Member +
ha i see guys thanks for the info i only figured that out last year when the plug on the tank got REALLY HOT and gave a burnt plastick smell in the car and started to melt and i broke down no feul suply , so i cut off both male and female plugs and started to resolder the plugs on an testing wire by wire that it worked when the wire was disconnected !!!! 1s resoldered and heatscrinked al the wire , it dont work ever funny 1 that is