fuelling..

4efteboost

Member +
basically i have not got the funds to get an emb at this moment in time but want to up the boost on my hybrid ct9.. ive been reading about and getting mixed signals on the fpr and fcd route..
is it safe to have just a fpr and fcd? a local tuner said that with the fpr it will run rich at low rpm and then level out higher up?

any help is appreciated :)

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
basically i have not got the funds to get an emb at this moment in time but want to up the boost on my hybrid ct9.. ive been reading about and getting mixed signals on the fpr and fcd route..
is it safe to have just a fpr and fcd? a local tuner said that with the fpr it will run rich at low rpm and then level out higher up?

any help is appreciated :)

i ran a fpr and fcd on a td04 at 1 bar with no problems, although it did have forged pistons and a larger headgasket. You will need to get it checked over though.

depends which FCD you go for, hks works differently that to the Jam unit, there is a thread being used at the minute that outlines the differences.

Personal opinion is waiting and get the emanage, because if your like me, what you will do is... not quite have the funds for a management, so opt for fpr and fcd ( in the mean time ;) ) in which you will never get round to replacing with a management. So dont try and kid yourself, that you dont have the money just quite yet, so go for the cheaper and nastier option, because you will 9/10 never rectify it with the proper solution :)

Last edited:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Generally I wouldn't see a problem using FCD+FPR but if your running a hybrid I'd hold out and get the EMB to get the most out of your money.

To answer your main question it should be safe,but definitely get your tuner to check the fueling once its set.

Difference between the JAM and HKS FCD is the HKS unit is basically always on where as the JAM unit only kicks once you reach fuel cut.

Iv'e ran both with no problems.

Chris@CCM

Member +
Fcd and rrfpr will be fine man few years back that's all we used no problem at all just get it set up by a tuner I would pick it over a emb for ur set up

4efteboost

Member +
funny enough i had an emb with all harnesses etc but ended up selling it because my headgasket went and got so pissed off i was gonna sell the car.. but i couldnt sell my lil baby and fixed the head gasket myself, and even when i was stripping the engine i found so many little problems that have now fingers crossed been sorted :) its overfuelling a little bit but thats why i wanted to know about fpr and fcd etc to be honest im gonna be going forged and td05 in a few months so is it even worth buying another emanage?

if i was to just go for the fpr and fcd would i need anything else to stop it running rich and low rpm?

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
funny enough i had an emb with all harnesses etc but ended up selling it because my headgasket went and got so pissed off i was gonna sell the car.. but i couldnt sell my lil baby and fixed the head gasket myself, and even when i was stripping the engine i found so many little problems that have now fingers crossed been sorted :) its overfuelling a little bit but thats why i wanted to know about fpr and fcd etc to be honest im gonna be going forged and td05 in a few months so is it even worth buying another emanage?

if i was to just go for the fpr and fcd would i need anything else to stop it running rich and low rpm?

well if your wanting to go forged on a td05, you would definitely need a management. But is it a realistic goal to get forged internals, the rest of the kit, a new turbo kit, if you can't get the funds for an EMB?

4efteboost

Member +
setting up this ct9 hybrid is short term really, will be coming into a bit of money in a few months and was just gonna send the car up to tuning developments and get a new engine etc put in.. hence why im only going for the fpr and fcd option.. no point buying an emb for 2 months then selling it really

4efteboost

Member +
sweet :) is there anything i can get to stop it running rich low in the rev range though? or will just the fcd and fpr be good enough?