G6gearbox

G6Turbo

Member +
Hi guys

I was wondering if my clutch wears out i want too upgrade too a paddle clutch.
I am currently using the 200mm flywheel and pressure plate and clutch in my G6 gearbox but does anyone knows if the G6box wil allow a 212mm flywheel and clutchkit from a FTE??

The original engine that was in my car was a 4E-FE thats why the G6box had a 200mm flywheel and clutch

cheers!

sx_turbo

Lifer
as far as i'm aware the fte gearbox is actually different.

and if your using an efe gearbox im shocked its still in one peice.

you could try changing the flywheel and clutch and see if it fits if not you have to get a efte gearbox.

G6Turbo

Member +
yeah i know the boxes are different, shame i thought i could go for a 212mm FTE flywheel with clutch.
And jep its a 4E-FE 6speed G6gearbox and still holing strong :)

djurny

Member +
i forgot the measurements on the flywheels and pressure plates i was having an argument with 2 years ago, but i had a 5e-fe pressure plate that was impossible to fit on a 4e-fte..
how did you get the 200mm flywheel to fit the 4e-fte? the stud patteren is different as far as i know?

Chris

Member +
Hey sorry to jack yor thread dude, but the does the g6 box fit into a glanza? If so are there any advantages? or better of keeping with the stock box? Cheers Chris

Harvey

Member +
He would have fitted a 4EFE flywheel top the 4EFTE i suspect. The 5EFE is different to the 4EFTE and thats a pain in the arse!

I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work mate.

is it dub seven or something? who done the NA EP91 to turbo conversion, he used a 4EFE box, did he use a 212 flywheel and clutch?

Im 90% certain on 4age when you change from 200 to 212mm there are no bellhousing/gearbox probs so hopefully its the same for the 4efe

G6Turbo

Member +
i forgot the measurements on the flywheels and pressure plates i was having an argument with 2 years ago, but i had a 5e-fe pressure plate that was impossible to fit on a 4e-fte..
how did you get the 200mm flywheel to fit the 4e-fte? the stud patteren is different as far as i know?

The 5E-FE clutch and flywheel are 200mm aswel but as Harvey stated the stud pattrens are very different and there is no way u can get them on a FTE ;)

As for my own problem i wil have to find out myself then :D, wil see when i need to change my clutch ;)

G6Turbo

Member +
jeah but would u go through al the trouble of fitting a 5E crank just for a clutch................. i dont :p